Home

Screw-up question

Sir Vougalot

As some of you probably know, K2RP causes some problems with T3M4's dialogue. I've heard that I should delete the modded dialogue file and restore a saved game from before I ever talked to him in order to get Bastila's holo recording to play. Only problem is, I have no saved game from before I started conversing with T3. :(

Is there any way I can edit my saved game with Save Game Editor so that it's as if I've never talked to T3 yet? I'll need to know precisely how to go about doing it as I'm a novice to the game editing world.

I am grabbing at straws here a little, and would have to examine T3's dialog files to be sure, but there are probably several booleans and numerics associated with this, possibly a journal entry as well. The game keeps track of this type of stuff in different ways and leaves traces in others.

I am sure you can do it.... it may take some time to figure it out. Painful as it is, I might consider uninstalling.

I'm not going to uninstall when I'm so far through the game. And talking to your party members doesn't create journal entries as it did in the first game. It's just that I removed the one T3 dialogue file I found in the override folder, and now it would be nice if I could fix the damage before the end of this playthrough. I mean, I'm not going to die if I don't see the Bastila hologram this time around, but still.

But I'd really like to know what I can do before this playthrough is over. I'm sure something can be done with SGE.

One problem: there is no t3m4.dlg file in my dialogue folder, and there never has been. The closest thing I found was a k_hen_t3m4dlg file, and removing that didn't do a damn thing to correct the problem.

And I don't wish to download a saved game. I wish to finish my game, and hopefully correct the problem.

I thought I described it? Must have been in a different thread.

Anyway, when I go to operate on his behavior core, and he says he's found a recording (the one of Bastila), I'll ask him to play the message and then the dialogue just ends. I'm abruptly no longer engaged in discussion with T3. No Bastila, either.

In that case, enter a specific phrase from that dialog into FindRefs to find the dialog that's breaking. Extract it and open it up in DLGEditor. Locate the branch that is ending abruptly and look at the script field for that branch and the conditional script fields for its children branches. They should hint at what the root cause is.

Open up T3's dialog file with DLG Editor, look through all the nodes until you find the one where the he finds the recording of Bastila and look at the scripts attached to that node and the ones that branch from it.

Something you could also do as a temporary measure, backup T3's dialog file and then do the above and delete the Conditional Scripts on the node - once you've seen the recording restore it with the one you backed up.

--Stream

"How's the Ebon Hawk?"

"Bee-reet, deet! Dee-ree-deet."

"What about the astrogation system?"

[influence: Failure] "Dwoooooooo." (evidently there is no Influence:Success branch and so you hit a dead-end)

"Did you lock the astrogation system?"

...etc. to Bastila hologram part...

Looks like a broken dialog from the get-go not having anything to do with any particular mod. Try setting your influence with T3M4 to be between 25 and 75 so that you will get the Influence: Failure branch listed above.

Oh, okay. I'll try that. Though it didn't work at the beginning of the game, when I was being mean to T3 and before I cheated with the Mistake Correction Armband to make my influence over him one hundred percent.

Also, the Holocron inside Uthar Wynn's chamber isn't working. (I made it so that Revan was a male dark-sider in the previous game.) I'll click on it and a fallen Bastila should manifest, but nothing's happening. I think there's something deeper here, and it doesn't have to do with T3 at all; it has to do with Bastila. I hope it doesn't effect my light side playthrough when we see Bastila near the end of the game with Carth.

Or... does it have to do with T3? Is the Bastila hologram on Korriban dependant upon having viewed T3's Bastila holocron? If so, then I am royally screwed. :(

EDIT: Oh! I found a bastila_holo file in my override folder, and deleting it did indeed allow for the holocron to activate! :D Hopefully this will have the desired effect on T3-M4 once I return to the Hawk. I'll let you guys know when I get there.

EDIT 2: And it does! Problem solved! It's that Bastila hologram file that causes the problem. The K2RP people should know about this.

Thanks for all of your input, though.

Archived