Home

Help with my Save Game Editor for KotOR I and II

harIII

I have two questions

I found a software and I think the name of it is KoTOR I and II Game Editor. I changed Carth Onasi to look like Darth Malak. During any battle scenes "Malak" is kind of freezing in a position of using the Force and staying like that. He will move around but still in the position, there is no animation involved. After a few seconds he becomes normal again. This is proving to be poor in any fighting.

I change several properties of my game profile and now that I am trying to get out of the Black Vulkar base on Taris, the game is freezing during the loading process to get out. All I've done so far is edite only the appearences, classes, feats, Force Powers, the amount of Force and Health points for my characters, and also have entered the unfinished area in the Vulkar base only accessable by entering in "warp tar_m10ab" or something to that effect.

What is going on and how can I fix it without starting over.

The first problem is probably because there are multiple Malak appearances and you probably chose the wrong one. the 2nd you probably tweaked things too much and caused your game save to be corrupt. For the 2nd you will have to start a new game.

Also this is a modding request subforum where you ask somebody to build a mod for you. The question you are asking is related to a tool and these type of questions need to be asked in T3's Astromech Droid Center.

Ok I'll look into the Editor and also I did check out the models. There is one where Malak looks normal with his Mouth Peice, there is another without the Mouth Peice with his mouth revealed, there is another one when he is a Jedi (I am assuming) and there are a few others that are part of a cutscene. I know that the Malak that I choose works because I played with him since the Abandoned Appartments in the Taris Uppercity in the area with the hospital, cantina, and emporium. Although I have noticed that when you save it will take you back to the save before it so now I have to rely on the Auto Save to save my profiles while using the tool.

And sorry about having this in the wrong section of the Lucas Forums, I'll try to remember to keep my questions in the right area.

Thank You for replying.

I know what your saying.

He only stays that way for about 2 seconds though, doesn't he?

This is just his animations.,

But you can wait a few seconds can't you?

Ok I'll look into the Editor and also I did check out the models. There is one where Malak looks normal with his Mouth Peice, there is another without the Mouth Peice with his mouth revealed, there is another one when he is a Jedi (I am assuming) and there are a few others that are part of a cutscene. I know that the Malak that I choose works because I played with him since the Abandoned Appartments in the Taris Uppercity in the area with the hospital, cantina, and emporium. Although I have noticed that when you save it will take you back to the save before it so now I have to rely on the Auto Save to save my profiles while using the tool.

And sorry about having this in the wrong section of the Lucas Forums, I'll try to remember to keep my questions in the right area.

Thank You for replying.

You could use this mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Malaks_Robe_Pack;72088

It works in Kotor 1 and TSL!

just type into your command box: giveitem malak_jedi

(or) malak_normal (or) malak_jawless

It has all three (but remember, use seperatly, and dont put the or's in)

(To add cheats for to Local Disk, Program files, Lucas Arts, SWKOTOR 2, then SWKOTOR 2 (notebook page), when it's open, go down to Game Options, and make a new line at bottem and type: EnableCheats=1

Then save, and when ingame press the ` key (top left under Esc).

The console will be invisable, but notice, that when you press keys that would take you to a menu, it doesn't, but your game continues.

Then type these cheats in, then you should have them.

(Remember to install the mod first! Follow the read me on it.)

I can wait on Malak returning to normal animation but I noticed that he wasn't doing anything. I just thought that he did nothing and I was rather disappointed in his fighting. If he did just stand there and do nothing, I was going to take him out of my party and replace him with something else.

I can wait on Malak returning to normal animation but I noticed that he wasn't doing anything. I just thought that he did nothing and I was rather disappointed in his fighting. If he did just stand there and do nothing, I was going to take him out of my party and replace him with something else.

Jedi 1 is better in my opinion, look at my last post.

Archived