Home

Rifle- Dueling or Two-Weapon?

NiuHaka

Does a rifle use the dueling or two-weapon feat? It seems ligical that the rifle would use the two-weapon feat because you need both hands to wield one(even though its only one weapon) but i cant find anything in game that says a rifle uses the two-weapon feat. hmmm...

Does a rifle use the dueling or two-weapon feat? It seems ligical that the rifle would use the two-weapon feat because you need both hands to wield one(even though its only one weapon) but i cant find anything in game that says a rifle uses the two-weapon feat. hmmm...

It uses neither of those. Dueling and two-weapon fighting are feats for melee weapons (e.g. swords or lightsabers), not guns or rifles, which are ranged weapons. The ranged weapon feats include rapid shot, power blast, or sniper shot.

Hope that helps. :)

that's what i thought at first but part of the description under the Dueling feat says- "This applies to both ranged and melee weapons."

Boy, did I get that wrong. :)

When I went to the starwarsknights.com site to look at the feats, I found out both of those can also be used with ranged weapons. With the dueling feat, you get bonuses to attack and defense by using only one single-handed weapon. Since a rifle is a two-handed weapon, this doesn't apply.

Two-weapon fighting applies to wielding either two single--hand weapons or a double-bladed weapon. Rifles don't fit either of those categories so I don't think you can use this feat for rifles, either. You could experiment and save the game prior to a level-up and note what the attack bonus is (or penalty as the case may be). Take the feat, and then check the attack bonus again. If it improved, then rifles get a boost also. Note that anything changing your Dexterity will also affect your attack bonus so take that into account as well.

Boy, did I get that wrong. :)

Two-weapon fighting applies to wielding either two single--hand weapons or a double-bladed weapon. Rifles don't fit either of those categories so I don't think you can use this feat for rifles, either.

As far as my memory goes, I remember the Dueling Feat working with rifles...

As far as my memory goes, I remember the Dueling Feat working with rifles...

All I can tell you is what the feats say they do. Rifles are 2-handed weapons, so it might be something else that boosted your rifle skills since dueling only applies to single-handed weapons (ranged or melee).

All I can tell you is what the feats say they do. Rifles are 2-handed weapons, so it might be something else that boosted your rifle skills since dueling only applies to single-handed weapons (ranged or melee).

Ah. That would probably be pistols they are talking about. I didn't get it until now...I must be too tired...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived