Home

[K1] Taris Globals?

sekan

I'm no expert, but I don't think they're reset, as from a programming point of view there's no reason to reset them if the player won't be going back. Also, the Deadeye Duncan on Manaan mod checks a Tarisian variable, which I assume wouldn't be possible if they were all reset.

I don't believe they are. There's no reason to reset the globals once there's no Taris to go back to, it would be a waste of time programing it. Also, not sure if any of the globals are used later, so if they were (I'm pretty sure there are), reseting those would be a bad idea.

DX, to reset the globals, I believe it would just take a script that went one by one and reset every global associated with a planet back to its original state, and then attaching that script somewhere convenient. I don't know for sure why all the globals for a planet would need to be reset, though.

Hee, what patient_zero said. (Curse you cross-posting!)

I'm no expert, but I don't think they're reset, as from a programming point of view there's no reason to reset them if the player won't be going back. Also, the Deadeye Duncan on Manaan mod checks a Tarisian variable, which I assume wouldn't be possible if they were all reset.

That is correct, and it works properly. So at least that particular variable is not reset after leaving Taris. A quick look at the status of the variables with KSE should give a good overview though.

Take care

Archived