Home

'New' Module Troubles

ForeverNight

Alright, I'm working on a mod.... and it uses a 'new' module, the module in question being the 3rd floor of the Black Vulker Base.

So, I edited the .GIT file with K-GFF in order to say add a trigger into it, then I used KotOR Tool's module editor in order to add a new creature. So, I pack it all up into a module and run the ERF Editor in order to create a module. (mwc01aa.mod) Running KotOR I type in "Warp mwc01aa" and then I get the default loading screen... except its saving (I think Auto Save is forced for the module) then it gets hung up at about a quarter of the way... and it stays there... and stays there... and stays there... well, you get the idea.

Any ideas on why this is caused? Perhaps something within the .ifo, .are, or .git?

Thanks!

Hmm... How many times have you tried it, could it be one of those one-time-glitchy things? What did you make the NPC look like, and what items/other things did it have that could have made it screw up the game? Oh yeah, you can add triggers with Kotor Tool module editor.

I originally added in the trigger... but I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to do through KotOR tool. So I used K-GFF to add it in.

There are no items in it as of now. I just wanted to see if this would work in teh first place.

The appearance of the single character is a female twi'lek.

And its happened at least three times now, each time from a different save.

I think that's all...

If you want to stop the autosave then you just need to add a line to "modulesave.2da".

As to your problem, if you have changed the IFO file, the only lines that you need edit are:

Mod_Area_List
|-[sTRUCT ID: 6]
 |-Area_Name [RESREF]
[color=Cyan]This you can change from m??a? to your module name[/color]

Mod_Entry_Area [RESREF]
[color=Cyan]This you can change but I don't think it makes any particular difference.[/color]

Mod_Name [CEXOLOCSTRING] StringRef: -1
|-[LocalString 1](Language)
[color=Cyan]This again, can be changed to the module name.[/color]

Mod_VO_ID [CEXOLOCSTRING]
[color=Cyan]Finally, this you can change this to your module name.[/color]

I would leave the module X,Y,Z entry unless you want to change it, in which case you should get those from the module.

In the ARE file, don't change anything, other than I suppose you can change the Name [CEXOLOCSTRING] to -1, then RightClick on it and "Add string". Then you can type the name of your module, like "Orange Vulkar Base" and not the actual filename.

If you have changed anything else, that is likely the problem. Or if you haven't change it, that could also be the problem :p

Archived