Home

Wow!

ThunderPeel2001

Did everyone of you played Zak 2 from LucasFan (Maniac Mansion Deluxe)? Well it´s only in German and not so big, but a nice one. :)

But don´t ask me about LucasFan. *Where are you going LF?* No one knows, where he or they are.

As far as I know there is actually also an English version of the New Adventures of Zak McKracken (by LucasFan) available. It´s a quite short and easy game and the graphics were ripped, but at least it is a complete game that works. ;)

Zak McKracken: Between time and space

Watch out LucasArts there are a few fans, who can make it better.

April, 19th 2008. ZakMcKracken: between time and space was released. There was a release party in Collogne (germany). And there´s a limited edition of a DVD, but you can make it for yourself. There are components on the download folder for it.

This game took 7 years of development! A long time and much more time than a commercially adventure game. Without spending millions of dollars, you need for a commercially game. Zak McKracken 2 is the result of what you can create without the money. And with all this whole attention to detail, that you almost can´t see on new games, because of the high production costs!

It has no action-sequences, it´s a classic point and click adventure game with “eastereggs” about classic adventure games like Monkey Island and of course Zak McKracken and the alien mindbenders and other games. The sound and graphic are awesome for a non-commercially adventure, reminds me a little bit of Runaway. The chief graphic artist now draw for a commercially adventure game. It´s the 2D graphic I love in adventures. 2D adventures are the best adventure games such Monkey Island 3. And it has many animations and that´s unusual for a fan project. The puzzles are crazy like in the old LucasArts adventure games. And the game has two several difficulty levels. There are no Hotspot displays and in-game tips. It has many Hotspots and it´s a little bit hard for adventure beginners, but a paradise for old-school fans. The “Visionare” engine has sometimes a long loading time but that´s not bad for such a good freeware game. Visionare is a German game engine like AGS.

And it´ll give a directors cut version of the game with new technical changes, in-game changes and light changes of the story. And there will be an English version of the game. But you have to wait a little bit. Stay in touch.

To the story: At the beginning of the game Zak is on a new hot story, but than the plane, where he flies stays in the air and he hears some dark-sounding voices that anyone search him. On the next morning only a bump reminds him of his last flight. What was he up to? Where was he going...

Note: David Fox and Al Lowe have both a speaker role in Zak 2!

By Sven_Q45

That´s my first review, so...

Archived