Home

Trouble with changing skins...

Arcesious

I am having trouble coloring/changing skins...

I am using Infanview. Yes, I know, it's old and cheap, but it shoudl work the way i need. the kind of skinnign I am trying to do is very simple, changing basic overall color, color depth, sturation, inverting/swapping color, etc, etc...

Problem is, when I change a texture/skin of a tga file for the game, I hav eit changed, I save it, and when I comw back to it, it is changed back to being the same as it was before.

This is making none of my skins work. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong... It seems like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing... I know I am pressign the save button. It's either soemthing wierd with the game's files or it's infanview... I don't know, but I would really liek to know what the problem is...

I'm very glad that I am familiar with IrfanView. Anyway, did you save it into your override folder w/ the correct file name? If not, try saving it in there; Then, open your skin from your override folder & see if it applied your changes. If it didn't, then I dunno what the problem could be.

Thanks. I'll try Gimp and see if it works...

Edit: Thanks! Gimp works perfectly for doing this! (I used to have gimp a long time ago, but lost it in a computer crsh and forgot about it's existence until now that you told me.)

Archived