Home

I need help with my first mod...

Arcesious

I have created my first completete mod. However, I do not know how to compress all of the files I have in the mod into one file. (I use winrar.)

This is a description of the mod:

It modifies these 4 items:

Echani Light Armor (Light_07)

Cinnagar War Suit (Medium_04)

Mining Uniform (This items uses Anonymous08's Mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Miner_Uniform_Reskin;89415 -So I will need anomymous08's permission to use his skins in this mod.

Electromesh Armor (A_Medium_14)

This mod changes the four armors' skins, and also changes their bonuses and such.

They come in in Versions 1-4.

I also need help with fixing a problem with them though, which is the max dexterity bonus. How do I get rid of that? I see no max dexterity bonus or anything in the properties of the item when I go to modify it, so how do I get rid of the dexterity restrictions?

Also, my reskin of the electromesh armor isn't working, and I don't know why. I have both required TGA's for it, and I've done it just like the other three armors, whose reskins do work. However the electromesh armor reskin won't work, and I don't know why.

I have created my first completete mod. However, I do not know how to compress all of the files I have in the mod into one file. (I use winrar.)

Put all the item into a file (don't forget a readme in there as well), right click -> send to -> zipped. A few seconds later a zipped file will appear.

I also need help with fixing a problem with them though, which is the max dexterity bonus. How do I get rid of that? I see no max dexterity bonus or anything in the properties of the item when I go to modify it, so how do I get rid of the dexterity restrictions?

I think thats a .2da edit, to remove the dexterity bonus; though I'm not entirely sure as never aimed to remove a dex cap.

This thread may be of help; http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=122412&highlight=remove+dexterity

Also, my reskin of the electromesh armor isn't working, and I don't know why. I have both required TGA's for it, and I've done it just like the other three armors, whose reskins do work. However the electromesh armor reskin won't work, and I don't know why.

Need more description than that ;)

I edited the two tga skins of the electromesh suit, in gimp. I went to color, and desaturate, set it 'lightness' and clicked desaturate. I than saved it using 'save as' to override the orginal. I put the two tga's I did that to of the electromesh armor in the override, and I made sure that they stayed the way I had changed them, and they did. And then, in the game, I used the giveitem cheat for that item, equipped it, and foudn that the reskins did not work. I retried it three times, and it stil didn't work...

However, that thread you linked ot me helped. I figured out how to remove the dexterity restrictions, so that isn't a problem anymore. The only problem now is getting those skins to work...

Edit: Okay, scrap the electromesh armor. I can't get it to work.

I am trying to upload my file to fielfront, however, when I get to screenshots upload, I am absolutely sure that the screenshots I put on are of the correct file type and size, and it keeps telling me it is not a valid JPG/JPEG! I checked the images- They are listed a JPEGs, without a doubt. I have no idea what's wrong. Please help. I can't upload my file without the screenshots, with apparently are not working correctly...

Archived