Home

K1 and K2: Music

im in the market for some great music in kotor, but i dont know how to replace music so, im asking for some songs to replace the old ones

K1:

star forge battle music - Finger Eleven: Good Times

manaan - the most peaceful song you can find

hrakert rift battle- puddle of mudd:psycho

endar spire - republic music

endar spire battle - the same

taris - your choice, but keep it peaceful

taris battle - move along

dantooine - same choice you made for manaan

dantooine battle - your choice

korriban - creepiest, scariest song you can find, but please, not MCR

korriban battle -your choice, but somethin' sithy

the rest, your choice

K2:

malachor (outside the academy) - gorillaz : clint eastwood

final battle - Finger Eleven : Good Times

peragus - a creepy song that makes you feel alone

dxun - any song that you think can make you feel lost

nar shadaaa - your choice

dantooine - your choice

malachor inside battle - finger eleven : good times

the rest, your choice

For someone to replace these songs, both people and anyone using it would have to have all the songs... otherwise, it would be illegal. Which is bad. Why not just do this yourself? Take a .wav from the streammusic folder and rename it [songname].mp3. See what it is, replace it. It's easy, but long.

If YOU want to change the music in KotOR 1 or 2, here's what you do.

Go here: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\streammusic for K1.

Or here: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 for K2.

And change the music of a specific section to whatever you want. Personally I'd just mute the in-game music and chuck iTunes onto Party Shuffle. Or just onto my 50 most played songs playlist. Whatever floats your boat. But without permission from the original artists, nobody will make this mod for you, as it is illegal.

They would, only if the copyright has long since expired. For example, on old classical pieces. You'd have to be careful though; whereas for example much of the music by Mozart or Pachelbel is in the public domain, music by many later composers (even many who died in the early 20th century, like Puccini) is still protected by copyright laws - so that means no Howard Shore or even John Williams music.

Edit: I was hoping that Dance of the Knights by Prokofiev would be useable for one of the climactic parts of either game, but I can't find the copyright...

Archived