Home

Ebon Hawk Outer Appearance?

Arcesious

So, what I want to do is change how the Ebon hawk looks like on the outside, not just a reskin. I mean, changing it to look like another ship. My first thought was to change it to a G-Wing or that one 'wierd shaped' ship you see at the Nar Shaadah docks and at the Dxun Temple, but I don't know how to do that, and I want to know what all of the possible usable ship freighter models in the game are.

I don't intend to do anything stupid or insane, such as turning it into a telos shuttle or a hammerhead class capital republic ship, but I do want to change it into one of the coolest ship models there are. I'm no good at module recreation, but it would be even better if someone would be willing to make a new interior in relation to the new outer appearance of it.

So, does anyone have any ideas or knows how this would work? Because me personnally, I haven't had much experiencing making or releasing large mods like this...

From what I've seen around the forums about this, and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, the Ebon Hawk is actually part of the environment and not an independent model, so to change it would mean you would literally have to recreate the map with an entirely new ship model. It's a great idea and I really wish it was just an independent model but it so far can't be done. Only thing you really can do is find its texture in the module files and re-texture it. There are some people though who are working on making it so when you enter the ebon hawk, you actually end up inside a different ships module, i.e. the Leviathan bridge and things like that which sounds like it might be the easiest way to do an ebon hawk major change. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I don't know alot about creating modules and maps themselves, maybe there's a way to do it that would be hard work but possible. Good luck with your mod idea, I hope if there is a way that you can make it happen.

Well the only way to determine anything is to find out. Does anyone know whether or not it is or is not part of an enviroment? O7 and DX seem to have brought a confliction over this, and I can't judge which one is true. Also, as I pointed out, I have no experience with modeling and scripting... I'm not sure if this is within my skills, but I would like to try.

Well the only way to determine anything is to find out. Does anyone know whether or not it is or is not part of an enviroment? O7 and DX seem to have brought a confliction over this, and I can't judge which one is true. Also, as I pointed out, I have no experience with modeling and scripting... I'm not sure if this is within my skills, but I would like to try.

In a modding requests post here a member talked about having created a new model for the Ebon Hawk and reskin but didn't know how to implement it in game, followed by another member posting about the model being part of the environment. Sithspecter had commented about re-skinning it, but then retracted it when he realized that the original poster wanted to replace the model. I don't want to presume to put words in Sithspecters mouth about whether or not it is part of the environment, but it does indeed seem I was wrong in that it does have a model, but what that means for swapping it out for another I'm not sure. I'm hoping someone with a definite answer can throw in their two cents cause I would love to see some mods that work with the ebon hawk exterior.

The model is in the actual area model files. It would take an INSANE amount of time to change the model, and fix the module to where it would look decent in KotOR. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it really wouldn't look to good. The only thing that could really be done would be to make a model that covers the Ebon Hawk completely and implement it as a static placeable.

Archived