Home

[TSL] Holowan Plug-In V2.0

TriggerGod

The New version!

Who remembers the original? Back then, I only popped in every once in a while (Without signing up) and I remember when that popped up.

Now, using all the old mods in the original, and some new awesome mods (M4-78, Courscant, Frontlines (if it's released before this (if this is made)), ect.) can make another awesome mod!

There have been some people attempting to do a "mega compatibility mod", but a lot of modders aren't willing to share their work. And with good reason - its theirs, they put in the effort and they can choose what happens to their mods.

But I don't really see the point of this. With the TSLPatcher you can make just about every mod compatible with each other. For those that aren't, you can quickly combine the .2da files to make them compatible.

but a lot of modders aren't willing to share their work.
Most of us are very much willing to share... when it's warranted. When it's an unnecessary 'compatibility' mod (because most of the mods already use the patcher) it's more like someone wants 15 minutes of fame for doing minimal work.

Most of us didn't say no because we're anal, we said no because our mods are already compatible so there's no reason for them to be there. Conveniently all those mods have already been 'shared' with the public. :)

But I don't really see the point of this.

Its got the same point as the original

we said no because our mods are already compatible so there's no reason for them to be there.

Yes, I realize the TSLPatcher makes things compatible...

Its got the same point as the original

No...the main point of the original was to make a number of very popular mods compatible because it was before things like the TSLPatcher existed, so making mods inter-compatible was impossible for many. Now, its not impossible, so making a new mod is pointless, and attempts mainly constitute of people who:

want 15 minutes of fame for doing minimal work.

No...the main point of the original was to make a number of very popular mods compatible because it was before things like the TSLPatcher existed, so making mods inter-compatible was impossible for many.

Yeah. How do you think old ChAiNz.2da got his name? He was just ChAiNz, but after a few months he became the go-to guy for compatibility issues. Now that's superfluous due to Stoffe.

Times have changed.

_EW_

Archived