Home

making a full game kotor video

Hello,

I need help filming, making, and whatever else with my KOTOR 1-2 games.

I will require AIMing with me for extra help.

I have fraps, but require something doenst take up so many gigs of spice.

I only got 5.90 gigs of space left on my hard drive.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ben

Hello,

I need help filming, making, and whatever else with my KOTOR 1-2 games.

I will require AIMing with me for extra help.

I have fraps, but require something doenst take up so many gigs of spice.

I only got 5.90 gigs of space left on my hard drive.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ben

Well if you're looking at making a video, you're going to need a lot of space for editing. I suggest cleaning up your PC a bit to eliminate those constraints.

_EW_

If you're strapped for space you're going to either need to consolidate or compress as you go. A good option for avi compression if you don't want to compromise on quality is something like VirtualDub with the divx codec. That particular codec is very nice in that it will reduce the filesize quite drastically (as compared to the fully uncompressed FRAPS output video) yet retain much of the video quality. Hopefully you won't be taking 5gb of video at a time -- that'd be a killer anyway.

I suggest you do both. Free up some space and compress as you go. This will be probably the most efficient way to deal with it rather than filming and realizing you don't have enough space left on your hard drive to even run your computer. :)

Oh I've done that at least half a dozen times. You can rip through 7gb ridiculously fast, and you don't realize it until your computer seizes up and yells at you about having less than 200mb every time you move the mouse. :p

unless you have at least around 200-400 gigs of free memory left, dont even bother trying to film all of kotor I and II, its around a gig per 1.5 minutes on fraps. The other video programs are going to be similar, even compressing all of the files is going to require around 50 gigs for a game like Kotor

even compressing all of the files is going to require around 200 gigs for a game like Kotor
Uh, probably not. If you've ever ripped a DVD to hard drive it doesn't take up 400gb, and I doubt a KotOR 'movie' would need to be as long as a full-length feature film. :)

If you compress the video as you go you'll probably need maybe 5-10 gigs of free space, including bumper space for the uncompressed video as you film it (before compressing). Suggesting you need 200-400 gigs is ridiculous, though. I've filmed plenty of things, some as long as 30 mins, and my hard drive is only 80 gigs (and I didn't compress as I went).

Uh, probably not. If you've ever ripped a DVD to hard drive it doesn't take up 400gb, and I doubt a KotOR 'movie' would need to be as long as a full-length feature film. :)

If you compress the video as you go you'll probably need maybe 5-10 gigs of free space, including bumper space for the uncompressed video as you film it (before compressing). Suggesting you need 200-400 gigs is ridiculous, though. I've filmed plenty of things, some as long as 30 mins, and my hard drive is only 80 gigs (and I didn't compress as I went).

Based off of the title of the thread,

making a full game kotor video
I got the impression that he is intending on filming the entire game. I would say its at minimum a 25 hour game. Tell me how on earth you would fit 25 hours of video on a 80gig hard drive?

Based off of the title of the thread, I got the impression that he is intending on filming the entire game. I would say its at minimum a 25 hour game. Tell me how on earth you would fit 25 hours of video on a 80gig hard drive?

Except he couldn't possibly record the full game... who would want to watch 10 hours of walking? And I'm sure he'd just do the main game and not the sidequests...

_EW_

Archived