Home

Ebon Hawk Retexture

Avarice

Hello, this is my first post on the forums and is actually the first mod I have ever (hopefully) released for any game.

I am working on a retexture of the exterior and if I can manage it the interior as well. I am hoping to give it a blue colour where the red is at the moment and give the white a blue tone as well.

I am testing the exterior and will be trying to make the interior soon. I am using GIMP and kotor tool for this project.

I will inform you all when something is completed in the mod.

Edit: I'm having some trouble with the mod, I have the moddified files saved to the folder i'm keeping them in and in my overdrive folder for KotOR but the Ebon Hawk is as red as ever...

Any advice?

They are in TGA...

The strange thing is all that I made another mod (I guess my real first one) which was a retexturing of Calo Nord. It worked fine..maybe I am using the wrong textures for it though, there are so many different Ebon Hawk textures that it must be a nightmare finding the right ones...

I'll get back to you tommorow, it's nearly 2am and I have to go out tommorow...

2 am? You must live on the absolute opposite side of the earth!

Anyway, Ebon Hawk mods have a long history of not working right due to the fact that at some points it is modeled in, at some points it's a cutscene, and it uses different textures in different places.

I would try just making copies of the file and naming it everything related to the ebon hawk. If you overwrite everything, you've got to eventually get to what you want. Then you can remove a couple at a time to see which exact file you're supposed to be using.

_EW_

If I remember right, the Ebon Hawk has separate textures for every planet. I am assuming that you are doing this for K1, but I think it is the same case as TSL. You can look under (K1) ERFS/Texturepacks/swpc_tex_tpa.erf/L/LDA_Ehawk01, LKA_Ehawk01, LKO_Ehawk01, LTA_Ehawk01, LTS_Ehawk01, LUN_Ehawk01, LSF_Ehawk01, LMA_Ehawk01

Those are the files you have to modify. They are all the same, so you can just copy and rename them.

I have got all of the files that you recommended apart from LKO_Ehawk01 which did not seem to be in there. I have modified them all with the retexture and will be trying it now.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: It worked on Tatooine and Manaan...strangly it did not work on Korriban, Taris or Dantoine...

The mod now works on all planets, I wound up using 15 different textures to make it work on all planets!

I still am unsure about the Leviathan but it is even visible from inside the ship and in space battles. For my first mod I think I have done well... there will be an announcement when it's ready for download.

Thanks for all the help!

Archived