Home

Okay, who uses inversed Y axis that made the parry system...

I just don't get it. Why should you back up to block up to down swings? In RL I certainly don't "back up" when I block those swings, I step forward! For someone singing at me down to up I always step back and move my weapon DOWN. So, whoever designed the parry system I know uses the inverted Y axis. I personally use an inverted Y axis when gaming, but honestly: I want a client side cvar that allows me to switch the way I step into my parries. I want to be able to step forward to block up to down swings and vice versa. Thanks to Darthdie for saying he might be able to make a cvar for this. Thanks to Darth for pointing out the fact that Razorace at least oversaw the parry system design

Razorace, YOU use an inverted Y axis. I don't even have to look at your controls. Someone get the torch and pitchforks so we can mob his house. :p

'nuff said, goodnight.

-TheDestroyer

Won't it just make things more annoying if you make a cvar for this?

Then you'd have to keep switching the way you parry from servar to servar.

Inverted Y-axis pwnz in flight simulators and arcade jetfighter games.

p.s: I don't know about you, but I know various people that walk BACK (and or sideways) to parry or dodge an overhead slash so they can quickly step back in and retaliate. And those that step forward when someone is attempting a low to upper slash because they have no guard close to their head at all.

Archived