Home

Keeping original npc

MiladyRevan

I want a new partymember to my KOTOR I party, but without loosing any of my other partymembers. I know a new npc that you create has to replace an already excisting one, but I'm wondering if one can do something like this instead; Like, creating a new npc - a twi'lek jedi for example - replacing T3's slot in the party. But instead of loosing T3 compleatly when reqruiting the new npc, he will stay on the ship instead throughout the rest of the game, rolling around and doing some repairs, like in KOTOR TSL. You can talk with him, ask to get stuff from him, but nothing else. Thus, you get a brand new npc, but still keeps the old one.

I think I can alter and create a new npc, but I have no idea how to do the rest. If someone could do this (and perhaps create this new random npc to reqruit, on Dantooine for example, that one can mod for one's own liking, giving an own personal quest and dialog like with the others etc), I would be very grateful.

i cant do it, but its possible. princess artemis did something like this with dustil and kept everyones favorite droid in the ship: hk-47

i dont know about t3 moving around though, the new character would replace t3's moving model so you would have to put another t3 in there and give it the command to roll around and do repairs, but it would have to do it at other parts of the ship or the new party member and t3 could run into eachother many times

oh and if you dont know exactly how to create a new party member you can always check our tutorials section for a tutorial on how to do it, and there are probably many so find one that works and stick with it

This could be possible. On the Ebon Hawk, your party members are just like normal NPCs; they've been scripted to stand there and do their thing, like the Handmaiden's training and Kreia's meditation. So it would be possible to make T3 remain in the Ebon Hawk, possibly without even changing the existing scripting, which I assume is just a series of waypoints that T3 travels to around the ship.

So, then it would just be a standard recruit mod. As Aagin said, there are numerous recruit tutorials around. Recruit mods aren't that easy, and there would be a greater chance of the mod being completed if you were able to do some, if not all, of it yourself.

Archived