Home

Help with making a reskin appear 'Natural'

TriggerGod

Well the Handmaiden's head textures are P_HandmaidenH, P_HandmaidenHD1 and P_HandmaidenHD2. So if you are planning to reskin all of her transitions then those are the ones you want.

Anyway, I think the best way to do this would be to use the lasso, or polygon selection tool to roughly highlight her hair. When you have her hair highlighted go:

Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation

And move the top slider and you will see the hair change colour, move the slider below that to alter the intensity of the colour.

Good luck with your reskin ;)

I already picked out all the skins ATM I want to do.

Thanks, I'll test it out :)

EDIT:

Ok, it works. Thx. Now, i can has 'nother problem.

I'm gonna test the skins ingame. Using my example above, would I need to extract all the p_handmaiden mdls and mdxs, or just p_handmaidenh for all muh needs?

Also, about the txt file. I know I have to change that to teh .txi file, and add a line. I want to know what I have to put to make the skin work ingame. Something baremetal I believe.

If you are just changing the Handmaidens appearance by recoloring the TGA's you should be able to just name your recolors the same as they were and drop them into the override.

Althought I don't know if this will change all the Handmaidens sisters as well but if it doesn't then simple as that. If it does then you might have to go further with the mdls and mdxs if you don't want the sisters heads changed as well.

If that is the case I would just rename the mdl and mdx and the hexedit it to point to your tga. Then in appearance2da you will have to change the Handmaidens model to your new model(make any sense?)

Eefluxx

Yes, it does make sense. But since they are sisters, I want them to have that family resemblance, so I won't use the model files.

Alright, using GM's halp, I made a new lightsaber color. I did what I needed to do with MdLops, and now I have my new files. I know I have to change the .txt file that appeared to .txi, but I heard there is a line I have to add to the txt before changing to a txi. What would that be?

Are we talking about a different color lightsaber or color crystal?

Either way what I always did was change the MDL name and hexedit to point to my tga.

Of course I would think with a "new" color there would be a new UTI as well. Those I still am trying to figure out. I do know it would require a 2da edit as well I believe.

But UTI's and MDLops aren't my strong suit. I can look at models using MDLops but exporting them back out I can't seem to accomplish.

The .txt file I don't understand

Eefluxx

Archived