Home

The "Metroid" Franchise

TriggerGod

Ahh...

I've never played the first 2 (Metroid and Metroid 2: Return of Samus) on their original systems. After defeating Zero Mission (recreation of Metroid, with an extra at the end) I got to play it (never beaten). I suddenly had an urge to play through my games in order.

I first Played Zero Mission, which I was able to complete in about 3 hours, with about 90% of the pickups. I got bored quick, and I moved on.

I looked at the time-line, and the next game I had was Metroid Prime. I played it again, and found it enjoyable. Not as enjoyable as Echoes. That was just plain fun. I then played Corruption. I loved it all over again... the falling, fighting the hunters, going to the Homeworld, and Phaaze... God..

Luckily, I had used my Wii's Shop Channel when I bought it to get Super Metroid (3). I had messed up big time. I tried walkthroughs, but my GameCube Game Controller doesn't extend up to my comp, which is about 10 feet away. So, I'm stuck.

Metroid 4, or, Metroid Fusion, is another game like Zero. Speedy. But, its pretty straightforward, so there wasn't a chance of Sequence Breaking... :(

Discuss this series :)

I've only ever played the Metroid Prime series, which i thought were pretty good. I'm not a fan of sidescrollers tho, so i'll probably never play the others.

Hmm. I found the Sidescrollers enjoyable, UNTIL I get to the point where I'm practically making Speed Runs unconsciously.

Don't you have any of those Wii Classic Controllers? If you use it for VC games, the control is much easier (with the exception of Zelda 64). But yeah, you might need a walkthrough for the first time through to get a sense of where everything is. Or else you'll make it to Ridley and he'll kick your ass faster than trying to intentionally hurt yourself against him on Ceres.

I really liked the first Metroid Prime. To me, it was actually hard, which is rare to see in most Nintendo games. Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are perfect games. Difficulty, straightforward stories, MUSIC, and they were just plain fun.

Prime 3 will probably be the best first person shooter for the wii (unless Goldeneye makes Virtual Console).

The only gripe for the series that I have is that it should have a darker tone to it. You know? Up the fright factor, make it scary.

Archived