Home

Script Help

TriggerGod

Well, I haven't even started on this script, but I just wanna ask Holowan a question:

Is there a script that can check what head model your using? Because there are a few instances in the game where NPC's call you a human. It might get odd for when your playing as something other then a human. (twilek, trandoshan, hutt, gizka...)

Is it possible?

Well, I haven't even started on this script, but I just wanna ask Holowan a question:

Is there a script that can check what head model your using? Because there are a few instances in the game where NPC's call you a human. It might get odd for when your playing as something other then a human. (twilek, trandoshan, hutt, gizka...)

Is it possible?

First of all, no one is ever going to be playing as a hutt or a gizka ;)

I'm not at home, so I can't check, but I would assume that the dialogs that call you human do not have a check, since human is the only option. No need for Bioware to go out of its way.

_EW_

But with all the revolutions in modding (getting aliens ingame, the cape, new saber hilts, ect.) we should be able to try and get a new script to work ingame depending on what head you are (It doesn't even have to be an alien head. Any head. PMHC04A for example(Jesus Head))

Unfortunately its not possible as there is no script function that returns the head model or 2da row index of a character.

Scripting is also something that you don't see many "revelations" in unfortunately. As fantastic as it would be for modders to add their own script functions to the game engine its just not possible. And there is no other script functions (As far as we are aware <.<) in the game engine as its all fully documented and listed in the NWScript.

Maybe Bioware left all or some of the NWN script functions in the engine but never documented them? Though its highly unlikely, we're stuck with what we've got. ;)

Unfortunately its not possible as there is no script function that returns the head model or 2da row index of a character.

Scripting is also something that you don't see many "revelations" in unfortunately. As fantastic as it would be for modders to add their own script functions to the game engine its just not possible. And there is no other script functions (As far as we are aware <.<) in the game engine as its all fully documented and listed in the NWScript.

Maybe Bioware left all or some of the NWN script functions in the engine but never documented them? Though its highly unlikely, we're stuck with what we've got. ;)

I see...

I guess its time for a mod to lock... unless they somehow they did leave it in...

Archived