Home

New Recruit (Mainly help with Scripts)

harIII

I am making a mod for a member of the Lucasforums that will add several Sith throughout the K1 game and I thought that it would be neat to get a new Apprentice at the very end on the Star Forge. So far I am trying to apply scripts to the Dialog.

1. I can’t figure out how to turn the recruit hostile after you finish the dialog.

2. I also need a script to turn the recruit neutral or friendly and continue the conversation.

3. Then I need a script to have the recruit join you after at the end of the dialog.

4. inally I will need another script to give the recruit 80 units of Light Side points.

The idea is to enter one of the rooms in the Star Forge and meet up with the new apprentice. She will begin to speak to you and you will either take the Light Side or Dark Side dialog path. Whichever path you take, the apprentice will stop the dialog and attack you. Once you diminish the health to something less than 30 or so, the apprentice will begin to talk to you again. Then you will choose a Light Side or Dark Side path to convince the apprentice to join you.

My only problem is that I don’t know how to script.

Well I can help you with some of the scripts. I mainly mod KOTOR 2, but I believe most of the scripts work the same.

1. This script should turn the recruit hostile.

void main(){

object oNPC1 = GetObjectByTag("recruit");

ChangeToStandardFaction(oNPC1, 1);

}      

2. Do you mean after a certain amount of time, or after they reach a certain amount of health?

3. This should work.

void main()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(7);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(7, "templatename");
DelayCommand(1.5,ShowPartySelectionGUI());
}

Be aware though that you will have to replace another member of the party, unless it's say Juhani and you never picked her up. You should also set the 'tag' of the the recruit to whoever you're replacing to avoid some issues.

The seven should be set to the corresponding slot of the person you're going to replace.

4. Try :

void main()
{

AdjustAlignment( GetFirstPC(),ALIGNMENT_LIGHT_SIDE,80);
}

If you get stuck on scripts, I highly recommend this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143412. I actually have it bookmarked.

Hope all that helps.

Archived