Home

Survivour

There are still some typos here and there, but it's definitely improving! I like how he considered various methods of escaping, and how Andrew was burning himself because he was all nervous and jumpy was a nice touch! It'll be interesting to see them fight through to their ship, so keep it up!

Now in most holomovies the light sabers are in a locker room adjacent to the cells. Not so, however, in reality. Our dispatched friends’ blasters would have to suffice until we found our weapons. I remember thoroughly missing my light saber during the whole affair. Once we were out of the cells we came to a long corridor. The white walls were lined with blast doors. Any one of them could contain our light sabers—or horrible deaths. We walked on stealthily while attempting to pick up messages that the Force was sending us.

Andrew, out of the blue collapsed behind me.I rushed over to him when I heard the thunk.

He began to sob as I kneeled over him

"It's not fair... everything used to be so perfect ...but now everyones dead!

He then completly broke, down sobbing incoprehensible words.

"Don't worry we still have each other"

I realised it was a foolish statement. I hadn't exactly been the best of rolemodels after that attack on the temple. Sinking into alcaholism,starting random bar fights and openly enjoying combat,(a very un-Jedi trait) couldn't really help a distressed young man. All my training was slowly slipping away. After a minute or two Andrew pulled himself together and began sneaking down the corridor without a word.I began to follow.

Our savior came in the form of a computer terminal. A quick glance at it showed me that only a skilled computer slicer would be able to hack into it. Luckily yours truly fit the bill. It would have been perfect were it not for a small ‘technicality.’ I had foolishly rushed up to the terminal, and in my haste I had alerted a muscular green Twi’lek of our little escape attempt. We took cover around a corner just as a blaring siren sounded the alarm throughout the ship.

The Twi’lek threw a frag grenade at us. Andrew reacted quite quickly for someone his age as he Force pushed the grenade back at the pirate. It went off as it hit the ground at his feet. I gave Andrew a nod of approval as the sound of pursuit reached our ears.Then I noticed there was a bit of Twilek brain on my boot.

Leaving no time to recover, I dashed to the com terminal and plugged the Rodian’s cell card into it. There was a hum, and quickly I had access to all of the ships system. I pulled out some security spikes from a secret compartment in my boot. In the short time I had at the computer I downloaded the ships schematics, set off several power conduits. Most importantly, I shut down all tractor beams. I remember reminding myself to get some more security spikes when I escaped.

I was forced to stop sabotaging the vessel when a group of pirates reached us. I decided it would be foolish to continue when several beams of light singed my hair. I dove away. We ran down the hallway, the group of bounty hunters continuing to pour death in our direction. Apparently they were more concerned with the security of their ship than a larger bounty on two live Jedi. (Where’s avarice when you need it?) Simultaneously Andrew and I used the Force to assist us in our running. We began weaving through corridors.

We were safe for the moment, but we needed our lightsabers before we could even think of escape. After a few minutes we stopped at a corner to catch our breath. Andrew was tiring rapidly. His mental and physical health had been strained to the limit during the attack on the temple, and he was not handling this well. I pulled out my data pad and had a quick glance at the ship's schematics I had gotten from the com terminal. They revealed that the armory was through a blast door left of the corridor where we where standing. We went left. Just) We landed with a thud in the armory. Quickly I used the Force to shut the blast doors. They would hold the bounty hunters for a short period of time.

I looked around for the lightsabers. I was distracted, however, by a cry of pain. Andrew’s face was scrunched up like a kinrath pup, and he was clutching his shoulder. There was a severe burn there from a blaster bolt. I got some medpacs from the other hidden compartment in my boot and slapped them on the wound. Andrew passed out from shock or pain. There was also another problem. The bounty hunters had decided that explosives would work on the armory door. I used the Force to levitate Andrew on to an out-of-the-way bench. There was an earsplitting explosion, and they launched a smoke grenade through the gaping hole. I rolled away, drew in a breath, and held it with the assistance of the Force. When I regained my feet a new door opened to me. I saw our lightsabers on a workbench. I was surprised I had not seen them before. My opponents had just discovered that smoking me out would not work when, through the smoke, they saw my blue blade.

Comically one of the pirates whispered pathetically, “I want my mummy.”

Without further whimpering the pirates opened fire. Luckily the smoke blinded them so their aim went amiss. I leapt out of the armory and into the fray. Each strike took a life. At the time I had denied it, but I found it exhilarating to shear my blade through my enemies’ bodies like a hot knife through butter. I had underestimated my opponents, however. They where quite a sizable force, spread throughout the corridor into which I had just leapt. I decided to use defensive tactics. I used Force stasis in my opponents. Most of them froze, but some of the more headstrong resisted. I began to leap around the hall, propelling myself off the corridor walls. At first I held back, intending to let them surrender when they realized I could not be beaten. Then one of them managed to get a stun stick passed my defenses. It struck my right shoulder, and 550 volts charged through my system. Only the Force kept my heart from short-circuiting. A few strikes later all my opponents where dead or dying. All except one.

It was a Trandoshan with horrible, gleaming red eyes and leathery skin.

He stalked up to me, brandishing his double-bladed vibrosword.

He hissed liquidly,

“I am the best swordsman from here to Coruscant, and not even you, a Jedi, could possibly beat me!” He spat out the last words in contempt.

At that point I want punch his face in. ( He began the assault. For a pirate, he was actually quite a skilled swordsman. The battle between us lasted about a minute. At first I circled him, searching for a weak point. A series of probing strikes revealed that he was aggressive, using flurries as his main attack pattern.

I leapt at him. I and my saber where one. I furiously struck left, right, up and down. I saw an opportunity and took it. I performed a critical strike which ended up cutting both his feet off. He fell to his knees.

“Who is the best now?” I asked mockingly.

He looked pathetically up at me.

“Stay and fight Jedi; I’ll bite you to death!”

The Transhodan’s eyes rolled back and the thug fell in unconsciousness at my feet.

Now that we had recovered our lightsabers—and had put a sizable dent in the pirates’ population— I set my mind to escaping the ship. The only problem was that I had to do it with an unconscious, heavy young Jedi slung across my back. I picked him up and set off as quietly as I could allow. My destination was the hangar. I was hoping to escape, report the pirates to the system authorities and be done with it. My movement was heavily restricted by Andrew, so I could not use Force run to get to the hangar. It was laborious work, but thankfully I didn’t encounter another bloodthirsty group of villainous pirates.

Eventually I reached the hangar. Causing havoc via the computer terminal had obviously limited the pirates’ knowledge of my whereabouts. I reached the hangar. The blast doors leading to the hangar were wide open, and there were no guards in the immediate vicinity. A glance through the hangar doors revealed there was only one person in there, a Bith using a fusion cutter to fix up a snub fighter. Perfect. I walked up to the Bith. He turned, surprised.

“You didn’t see me,” I whispered to him as I waved my hand.

“I didn’t see you,” intoned the Bith in a cold voice.

I found the Pacifist and boarded her. Quickly I primed the engines and prepared for a jump to hyperspace. But I had made what could well have been a fatal mistake. Ah, Yoda had always warned us that connection was the path to destruction! I should have taken off in another freighter, but I was—attached—to my ship. I felt privileged to own her, and I would not give her up to a group of bloody pirates. I took off. Shining bright stars beckoned to me as I set to autopilot and rushed into the engine room. The hyperdrive generator was still damaged beyond repair. The pirates hadn’t got around to replacing it. The nearest planet was Naboo. The people there were known for being friendly to Jedi in need. I turned off the autopilot and began to increase my speed towards the planet. Just as I was thinking I was home free, the pirates’ turrets opened fire. I weaved up and down, attempting to avoid the blasts, but it was impossible. The Pacifist’s shields began to crackle as they vainly attempted to protect us. I checked the computer for odds of survival.

A +.3 chance of survival didn’t really cheer me up.

Our main boosters were hit. I lost control, and the Pacifist began to spin wildly. Luckily, we were quite close to Naboo. Gravity’s slight tug turned into a heave, and soon we where hurtling towards the planet. The pirates stopped firing, probably thinking it would be foolish to fire on a planet that had experience in battle and space combat.

Vainly I attempted to get us into position to make a half decent landing. It wasn’t working at all. We plunged headfirst towards the surface. I could see flashes of green as the ground passed the viewport with each roll of the ship. I abandoned wrestling with the controls to strap Andrew into a seat. I discovered he was awake and cognizant enough to strap himself in. He was still attempting to stem the blood trickling from the blaster wound in his shoulder. I returned to wrestling with the controls, but I was too late. I strapped myself in, bracing myself for the collision and concentrating on survival.

We hit the ground—hard.

There was a scream. I didn’t know if it was mine or Andrew’s. I didn’t care.

The memories are hazy, but something hit my head, and I sank into beautiful, all-encompassing blackness…

Our main boosters were hit. I lost control, and the Pacifist began to spin wildly. Luckily, we were quite close to Naboo. Gravity’s slight tug turned into a heave, and soon we where hurtling towards the planet. (There is no sound barrier in space since sound can’t travel in a vacuum.) The pirates stopped firing, probably thinking it would be foolish to fire on a planet that had experience in battle and space combat.

I think you accidentally left one of Andurilblade's comments in there. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is:D:D:D.

hope you enjoy it

At first I was barely aware of distant voices, hushed as if uttered in a whisper. Blackness surrounded me. By degrees the haze was lifted, as if it were made of many veils covering my face. It was beautiful, the smoky swirl; I imagined I was looking into the heart of the Force itself. But suddenly I remembered what had happened. I sprang up, Andrew’s name blurting from my throat. At least I tried to spring up. I was restrained by bandages around my wrist and ankles. My head swam at the sudden movement, and for a moment I thought I was going to pass out, but a moment of concentration and controlled breathing brought me back to my senses. Slowly I raised my head and glanced around the room I was in. By the look of things I was in some sort of medical facility. I was lying down on an uncomfortable military bed.

I awaited my rescuer… or my doom. The door to the facility opened, and there stood— Andrew.

He looked down at me and ran up to the bed, babbling a torrent of words.

“Master Bluebender…You’re alive! I was so worried…Steel …Naboo, I’ll go get them!”

Andrew then proceeded to rush out the door.

I snuggled under the blankets, hoping for the best. If I were being held by my enemies I would most likely already be dead, and Andrew would certainly not be so enthusiastic.

I must have drifted off again, because next thing I knew a figure was bending over me. I blinked, blinded by the bright, lifeless lights. The image cleared and I saw—Steel!

You see Steel and I have been friends since both of us were children, playing hide-and-seek through the vast temple of the Jedi. When we grew older, Steel, the late Ben Moonson, Rebecca Rainbringer, and I would watch over the younglings as they went about their activities. Unfortunately Rebecca Rainbringer fell to General Grievous in the battle of Tour Argon at the beginning of the war.Also as you know Ben fell at Skywalkers hand in the temple.

Back in the present, I was pulled out of my bed by an over-enthusiastic Steel. He then began to chatter about how he had survived the attack. I was dizzy and disoriented but listened with half an ear.

Before I explain his story I should probably explain how he earned his nickname. During a battle against the Seps on the planet Bulgarian he crashed his Jedi starfighter onto hard rock. Amazingly, he survived the ordeal, but at the cost of his legs. He had settled into a Force-aided coma, and when they found him he had his missing limbs replaced by cybernetic ones.

Steel began his tale with his usual gusto and bravado.

“Well, when it all started I was on Mygeeto with Master Ki-Adi-Mundi. You see, I wanted to start a little test. I decided to live the life of a clone for a week and see what it felt like. I felt I could understand my men better seeing life as they saw it. I didn’t tell anyone; I took a set of armor from a trooper who had drowned and staggered into camp with the others at the end of a battle. We had just begun an assault on one of the capital cities of the planet. I was near Master Mundi in the front line of the assault. We were on a narrow bridge that led to the main gates of the city. It was covered in battle droids. After we had ended the existence of a few battle droids, a word crackled over the com unit. That in itself was strange as we had been ordered to observe radio silence during the duration of the attack. I heard these words:

“’Execute order 66.’”

By this time we where all avidly listening to his tale.

He continued dramatically,

“Totally unaware of his impending doom, Ki-Adi-Mundi continued to block blaster bolts, ironically protecting the people that where about to destroy him

“So, as you might have guessed, the bloody clones opened fire. It was over before I even knew what was going on. There was nothing I could have done. Luckily they didn’t know I was a Jedi hidden within the armor. To them I was unit Alpha Tango 339900. There was no way I could have won against all of them, even if I had had my lightsaber. So I threw away my armor the first chance I got, stole a fighter, and headed here. The Queen offered me asylum, and here I am.”

There was a moment of profound silence before he asked glibly, “What about you, mate?”

I then told Steel my own tale. Andrew corrected and made idle comments as I progressed.

The next day, Steel filled me in on the present situation. I was being hidden in secret chambers in the royal palace at Theed. The Queen herself had put me up, though officially, of course, neither Steel nor I existed. After a while, I was able to get up and move around a little and think more clearly. Finally I got up the nerve to ask a question that had been in the forefront of my mind.“Is the Pacifist still… in one piece?”

“Sorry mate… after dragging you put of the wreck we could see that there was no saving her! Though I guess it’s just as well; we would have had to destroy her anyway, seeing as you aren’t here and all that.” His talking so flippantly about my beloved ship was almost too much to bear.I Honestly think that if my ship made it in one piece I would continue with my lonely exile.

That’s when I made yet anther mistake. I found the royal cellars. Mysteriously, several bottles of the finest Tarisian ale disappeared that night.

Heck I was drunk that night.

I vaguely recall having my wake up party with Steel.

At around about midnight I asked, “Hic—hey, Steel, how long…hic…how long was I unkg…uncok...unconscious?”

“Umm—hic—I think it was about a week….no wait a month….oh yeah, I think it was about a month............

That’s the moment when my bodily systems gave up struggling to maintain my function. I collapsed with a bang to the floor.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the wait but Andurilliblade's computer crashed due to a virus.Hope you enjoy it and comment about it

...................................................................................

The Begining Of The End

...................................................................................

Eventually I recovered fully from my crash. The medics of the palace said that I had fallen into a coma that no medical equipment could comprehend. To the machines I was a fully functioning, wide awake human being. Steel told me that I had fallen into a force coma.

I discovered many dark things had occurred during this “Force Coma” I had been in. Palpatine had turned the Republic into the first Galactic Empire.

A thousand years of peace and equality, struck down by the hand of the very monster upon which it was built: the people. Even the Jedi had been blind to this event. Because we attempt to rise above our emotions, we lose sight of those of others, until now, it is the most unpredictable of emotions that brings down all we have built: fear.

The palace of Theed soon became a sanctuary for lost Jedi. Over the next few months I settled into a comfortable, if monotonous, routine. More Jedi slowly arrived until we were a sizable force. Queen Apilania began to quietly invest in military equipment. Groups of insurgents contacted us. Communications and equipment where being readied for the oncoming war. We made contact with other groups of surviving Jedi and began to plan.

I spent the rest of the year doing just that. I taught the Royal Guard a thing or two about wartime strategies endlessly.I also went through saber sequences with Andrew.It felt so good to fight back against the new threat that was consuming the galaxy.

After the end of the new galactic year somthing finally developed.

The Queen told us that we were going to be smuggled to the outer rim so that with the Queen's resources we could begin to start our own private rebelion with the other small groups we had contacted previously.

One month after Palpatine discovered that Naboo was quietly rebelling against his new Empire he ordered the Nabbo senators to make way for an Imperial garrison in the hangars of Theed. That hindered us Jedi’s capacity to move about quite a bit, as the palace was regularly subjected to thorough searches.

We were forced to stay in cramped underground quarters that were hidden by a secret passageway directly under the royal throne. Our numbers had reached over 20, excluding Andrew and me.

Alas, this peace would be short-lived.

It was cloudy night when the Imps attacked. There was little light as the clouds swallowed the moon and blotted out the stars. Perhaps the Force had tried to warn us, to no avail. They descended quietly, attempting to silently squash us before we could rally.

I was restless that night, and I was having a walk around the streets of Theed as there where no Imperial patrols during the middle of the night.The next morning we where going to be shipped off to Dago 5 where we could start our new rebellion. Typically that was the time the empire attacked, right before we where leaving.

Apparently, I was supposed to be the first casualty of the Battle of Theed. A sniper was aiming for my head, intending to put a painful end to my life. The said sniper was perched on one of the beautiful elevated balconies of the majestic houses of Theed. He fired a shot. Amazingly, that was the moment I ducked. I had found a 20 credit chip on the street and had ducked down, intending to pick it up and pocket it. Then a beam of energy singed my hair and landed with a shower of sparks on the street next to me. Reacting quickly, I pulled a blaster out of a holster at my hip and fired with practiced precision. The storm trooper fell off the balcony and landed with a soft splash in a nearby fountain. That was not all that happened, however. The blaster automatically sent a distress signal to the palace security and Captain Typho. An alarm blared, and within moments every soldier in the city was armed and ready for battle. The auto turret defense network came online, searching for white, armor-clad targets.

If Naboo was to be taken, it would not go quietly. What should have been a quiet slaughter had turned into a huge battle. I ran back to the palace and grabbed myself a blaster rifle. We Jedi had agreed that if we were attacked, we were to be normal soldiers and to only activate our light sabers if in the greatest of need. All the able-bodied men of the city had begun to mass at the Palace gates, ready for war.

I rushed out of the palace with a group of men to secure the vital areas of the city. After we put a sizable force throughout the main courtyard, we thought we would be ready for any of the Imps’ attacks.

We were wrong.

There was an earsplitting explosion as one of the buildings near the courtyard lost a large section of wall. A whole division of storm troopers began to pour out of the hole. Everyone opened fire. I wove through blaster fire and managed to shoot several Stormtroopers. For good measure, I chucked a couple of grenades through the hole. Though the Naboo forces fought valiantly, we were defeated by sheer numbers. All throughout the battle, I had to resist the temptation to activate my lightsaber which hung unused under my tunic. Eventually we where forced out of the courtyard. The order came through to retreat, but some brave (or foolish) people decided to stay to fend off the Imps. So I toured the streets, taking shots at any white-armored troopers that where dumb enough to get in the way. And as I ran, mowing down men in front of me, I began slowly to turn into a monster. I felt the thrill as my enemies dropped with a hole smoking between their eyes. It made me feel invincible. Suddenly orders came through the com. The queen was making a break for it and all Jedi were ordered to report to the royal palace to protect her. That’s when a large group of Imps decided to turn up. They opened fire, and the remainder of my comrades dropped dead.I continued to fire knowing that death would come but I would take as many enemies down with me as possible. It happened so quickly; I knew I wouldn’t survive.

As I was prepared for death,while stimultaneously firing my blaster Andrew made his appearance.

He leapt off an elevated rooftop, straight into the line of fire, his blade shimmering with blue light. I reacted quickly,continuing to sink blaster bolts into my enemies’ chests. Andrew was doing very well, blocking bolts with practiced fineness. He leapt at the Stormtroopers, taking them out one by one. Soon all of our enemies were dead or dying. Andrew turned to me with a wide grin on his face. The image of his face at that precise moment is forever implanted in my mind.

I said praisingly, maybe even a little jealously, “Andrew, that was incredibly dangerous! You could have….. You could have…”

I… I never ended that sentence. I don’t even know how I would have ended it, even after all these years.

A blaster shot fired behind Andrew. He gasped and clutched his chest as he sank to the pavement. I caught him over my shoulder, and I saw the smoking blastermark in his back.

I also saw the trooper that had fired it.

I reached out my hand—and then the memory becomes a nightmare. I don’t know what I did, or what I felt, or what I thought. The next moment, the trooper was dead, his whole body conext thing I felt was—joy? But my soul cried to me to tend the dying boy on my shoulder, not my own selfish desires.

He was still breathing. I ripped my medkit from my belt and tore it open, but Andrew laid his hand on my arm and shook his head.

“Be well…Bluebender.”

And so he died. I’ll never forget the way he breathed my name; forced though pain up from the well of death, from a warrior’s lips, but with the fondness and innocence of a child.

I don’t know how long I was there, kneeling over his cold, lifeless corpse. I wept, and I made an oath that night, a terrible oath. I swore that I would not rest until every enemy of the Old Republic lay dead at my feet.

I…. I don’t want to keep on writing tonight.

I… these memories…..

Please comment if you have read as it greatly increases my morale :D:D:D

....................................................................................................

Escape

......................................................................................................

I discovered a cave today while I was having a walk through the

countryside. I went in and discovered that it reeked of both Dark and Light Side power. I explored, but was eventually forced out by a large group of Kinrath. I intended to go back soon as I feel as if the Force is drawing me there. Anyway, I will continue with my writing.

I scavenged Andrew’s corpse and took his lightsaber and all the things that happened to be in his pockets at the time. A packet of gum, a 5 credit chip, a bag of chocolates and a small blaster that I had entrusted to him a few days before the attack. I should probably have stayed, but I didn’t want to. I wanted to leave the horrible place where I had lost someone that had almost been like the son I never had. I began to stagger towards the hanger, weighed down by grief and anger. At a second thought I slung Andrew’s warm corpse around my body. I had to assume the battle was over as only the occasional sound of blaster fire echoed through the city. On the way to the Hangar I encountered a large clump of trees. I had an idea. I pulled out a pistol with a silencer attached and fired at the trees. They quickly began to burn a brilliant red. Then I somberly kissed Andrews cold cheek. It was so sad, his lekku lying limp… unmoving. I cast my friend’s body into the brilliant flames. It was good that he would have a true Jedi’s funeral. I waited a moment and then quickly skulked into the shadows, heading towards the hangar. I knew that tomorrow I would wake up with an empty space in my heart.

One who retreats lives longer.

I reached the Palace hanger. I discovered the all the ships were sabotaged except for a TIE fighter that had obviously landed recently as the ion engines where still hot. [You tend to use that sentence structure a lot. Try to vary your sentence patterns to make it a smoother read.] I intended to take off and hightail it off of the bloody planet. I was about to climb in when a cold, metallic voice rang through the hangar.

“Stop there, Rebel scum!”

A squadron of 6 troopers in tight formation pointed their rifles at me. They had just entered through the doors of the hangar.

The commander raised his hand and barked, “Ok, men, fire in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!”

All of them pulled their triggers, but nothing happened. I had used one of the oldest tricks in the book .I had used the Force to make all the safeties on the blasters click backwards. One the troopers managed to say, “Oh sh—”

He didn’t get to finish the sentence. I threw a charged ball of Force energy at the tightly packed squadron. Those that weren’t incinerated went flying into the back of the hanger. I remember it felt so satisfying to hear the crack of bones as the troopers hit the wall.

I was ready to leave, but then I heard the soft pitter-patter of footsteps echo through the hangar.

“Drop your blaster….NOW!”

I turned. An imperial officer was staring at me. I knew him to be an officer because of his uncomfortable-looking uniform that hung from him like an unwanted second skin. At closer inspection, there was something about the officer that just looked… wrong. I realized that his face seemed to be distorted, cracked, and scarred much like a picture I had seen in the Jedi Archives of a…..Sith. This man had the faintest echo of the Force at his command.

When I realized what a threat he was I pushed the cautious part of my brain into a dark, shadowy basement. I intended to use the element of surprise, but that particular strategy didn’t work. I pulled my lightsaber to my hands and leapt at this new opponent. He reacted too quickly, drawing a lightsaber that was as red as a mynock’s eye, with which he parried my assault. The officer backed away.

“Ah…there were rumors of yet another Jedi here! My master will be pleased!”

With those cold, hard words he began to throw torrents of horrible force lightning towards me. I blocked, sending the unimaginable power back towards my assailant. He screamed. It was so loud I was forced to drop my guard and cover my ears. Suddenly, the agonizing sound was replaced by a pain in my chest. He had renewed his attack while my guard was down. I was dead, nothing could save me. A miracle occurred however. It was Captain Typho. He limped into the hangar, several burns covering his body. He had a blaster in his hand. He aimed and fired. The aim was perfect, but the Sith’s saber swung to intercept the bolt. The Bantha poodo blocked and sent the charge straight to Typho’s chest, killing him instantly. Typho was dead, but he had died heroically and for a good cause. The Sith had been distracted and had stopped the wave of lightning just long enough for me to snake my lightsaber upwards into a defensive position. Now I was ready for a fight. I attacked ferociously, putting all my might into my attacks. I thought that killing this Sith would make Andrew’s death slightly easier to bear.

The next few minutes became a blur, my saber a haze. This Sith was nowhere near as powerful as Skywalker, and I knew that I had the advantage. I moved quickly, and eventually I won out. The battle went into a huge clash of sabers, forming a blue and red “X” between us. I quickly made a fist and punched my opponent’s gut. He staggered back, and I lightly skimmed his leg with my saber while Force pulling his saber to my hand. He fell to his knees with a cry, his concentration broken, helpless.

“Do you worst, Jedi!” he spat.

It would have felt so good to run my saber through his chest, to feel the savage pleasure as he drew his last breath. Half of me thought killing him would save me, while the other half knew it would destroy me. I had every right to kill this man, but although I had already brutally murdered that night, my soul could take no more.

I instead used a cruel trick that I think the Sith deserved.

I delved with little difficulty into his mind and discovered that his greatest fear was…. snakes.

Then I created an illusion. I shaped it with the Force’s power .Suddenly this man started seeing snakes devouring his own corpse in his mind. He began to scream as he visualized his own horrible fate.

With a thud he drooped to the floor, writhing in agony.

I said coldly, “This is what happens if you cross me, you Gizka! Now I want you to tell your “Master” that I am dead, or this will be your fate!”

He continued to scream. I took his saber, a few credits, and most importantly an Imperial passkey and identity chip. They would be most useful. I took off in the TIE Fighter. Stars waited. I wanted a drink to drown my sorrows. I was reaching out to the stars. Then just as I was about to enter hyperspace, I saw an asteroid. I suddenly realized that crashing into it would be a reasonably painless death that would truly end my sorrows. I could see Andrew again!

I changed course towards the asteroid. I was embracing death.

Suddenly The TIE fighter I was piloting shuddered; I realized I was caught in a Star Destroyer’s tractor beam.

I swore… loudly.

• 3 months later...

Today I discovered something that threatened me. An assassin, sent to presumably take out either me or the current administrator who has not been dealing favorably with the Imps setting up labor camps on Dantooine. Luckily I heard a stray thought from the would-be killer and tailed him. I dumped his corpse in the lake that is about a kilometer from my house.

I fear an Imperial investigation and I am thinking about whether to move to another backwater planet or stay put. Just like my old ship I have become attached to my little cottage. To be honest I don’t know what to do…

It was a horrible repeat of the last time I was flying above the planet that an hour ago I called home. I was slowly dragged in to a hangar filled to the brim with auto-turrets and defense droids. I don’t pretend that I’m invincible, and leaping out of the TIE with my lightsaber activated would be suicide. So strange that I had been thinking of just that a few minutes previously. But suddenly, I had no desire to die. Andrew had died so that I could live. I would not waste his life by throwing away mine. I would make his sacrifice count. I would make it count for a lot. I hid a small pass-key in the sole of my boot and waited for the tractor beam to set my ship down. Of course I also hid my lightsaber in the very same compartment. I slowly slithered out of the ship and put my hands on my head. A trooper cuffed my hands behind my back and led me to an elevator. We emerged in the detention center, where I was catalogued and assigned a cell. They didn’t bother to search me; the metal detectors hadn’t picked up anything, thanks to my boot having a shielded Cortis-weave surrounding the compartment in my boot they were complacent. Too complacent. I made a mental note as I was marched off to my cell.

As I sat in my cell, I tried to find out what other prisoners were near me. Other Jedi might have survived. I reached out with my mind and touched the minds of those around me. There were a few Rebel troopers. (I remember one of them was in terrible pain from a recent interrogation. I did what I could to take the pain from his mind. Andrew would have liked that.) But also, there were many officials. Ambassadors, Royal guards, diplomats…I wondered why there were so many. But the guard was returning; I didn’t have much time to wonder.

I was led back to the detention center, where other apparent new arrivals were waiting. Bags were put over our heads, and we were led off. After what seemed like hours of twisting and turning, we arrived at a large area with lots of people in it. And then I heard the breathing.

And I knew that Anakin Skywalker was dead.

I tried to shield my mind from Vader, but I was too late. He stalked up to me and tore my hood off.

I had no plan for a turn like this, but something happened then that I didn’t expect.

I felt the Force take control of my body. I leaped for Vader’s throat. A Stormtrooper behind him raised his blaster and fired. The Force shoved my body down just as the blaster bolt hit me between the eyes, and a voice, almost audible, inside my head, spoke. “You are dead. Act dead until you need to be alive. I will tell you when. Trust me.”

Vader had wasted no time in dispatching the hapless Stormtrooper who had ‘killed’ me. With a curse he ordered his guards to drag my body off. I was dead…and in a very favorable position.

• 2 months later...

I know I haven't updated in a while but finally the first terms worths of homework has laid off.

Well I hope you like it!!!!!

.......................................................................................

A Terrible Accident

.......................................................................................

The Imperials did take their revenge upon me in a way. Suddenly the administrator became far more complacent. Her daughters apparently had gone to a boarding school. Most sentient beings with brains could figure out what was going on. A shame, but helping would only arouse a suspicion that could lead to the death of many a peaceful farmer.

I will continue with my tale.

I had to escape the station, but I couldn't simply leave my rescuer and the other Rebels to die. The voice in my head...I recognized it...it was an old friend of mine, Heckler, a human I had grown up with in the Jedi Temple. 'Friend' would be a loose term; I didn't entirely trust him. He had been involved with some shady business with the royal Drakonian family...but that is for another time.

It didn’t matter now anyway. I had to save my Jedi colleague.

I was thrown into a trash compactor that was thankfully half empty. I wasn’t going to be crushed anytime soon.

I left my body then.

My body deserved a rest. Luckily spirits tend not to tire. I found a lowly technician that was sneakily chewing spice near a trash compactor nearby .I planted a thought into to his skull and floated back into my own physical being.

He suddenly had a mysterious thought that he should miss his shift and stay here chewing on spice for another long while

I waited for an hour, going through a state that is in-between sleep and meditation. Then the door to the trash compactor slid open with a soft hiss, brought about by a subtle use of telekinesis that I prayed Vader would not detect.

I calmly walked out of the compactor, glad to be free of the stench.

I found the technician that I had previously tampered with chewing spice in his old position. He was in a trance from the spice, so I pinched his nose and closed his mouth until he suffocated. I then used the Force to remove any indication from his body of my presence during his death.

A terrible accident.

A lowlife technician had wandered from his quarters, completely naked and high on spice into a small corridor near the trash compactors, when his heart gave out.

Another poor soul lost to narcotics.

I was no longer a Jedi, I was a machine.

• 3 weeks later...

In the garb of a technician I was unnoticeable amongst the crowds of the Death Star. I knew that it would be very easy to steal aboard a ship and escape, but that would throw my past away like a cloak into the wind.

I needed a plan and I was out of ideas.

I suddenly felt the urge to curl up in a corner and cry.

In the legends of old, Jedi are closed-handed warriors of peace. We are famous for our emotionless looks that accompany the technicalities of politics. When battle becomes necessary, we save as many as we can, but many times we face heavy casualties.

During the Clone Wars I had a habit that began on Geonosis. I was part of an elite squad of clone troopers that had been training with Jango Fett for over two years. During this time they had developed their own unique, colorful personalities.

We were an invincible force, carrying out espionage and covert operation throughout the galaxy. Occasionally we faced casualties and we were all pained by the fact, but we continued the fight.

They were second family to me.

During a long siege on Technoran IV we had sneaked into a transport that had landed droid reinforcements a few days earlier. We knew the Sep reinforcements were somewhere planetside, but our sensors couldn’t pick anything up. We were going to sneak in and check out the navlogs of the transport so we could find out and prepare an orbital strike on the Seps secret base.

Unfortunately while we were observing radio silence while searching the ship a massive battle broke out in orbit. A small frigate that belonged to a group of Republic mercenaries fell from the sky into the jungles of the planet. Unfortunately the ship that we were in happened to been in that patch of jungle.

It fell right on top of us.

My whole squad was crushed by the rubble.

I only lived due to pure blind luck but Yoda would probably say it was the will of the force.

Afterward I was forced to fend for myself in a bloodthirsty jungle as the com beacons on the ships in space had evidently been destroyed.

I couldn’t contact anyone, but in the end I survived by attracting a gunship with a flare from a salvaged survival kit.

Two days later The Republic officially retreated from the planet…my clone brothers had died for nothing.

After a week of recovery in the halls of the temple I headed out to another planet as the newly named Jedi General of the recently formed 105th Infantry Assault Battalion.

During the following years I made and lost many new friends among my brothers in arms.

After nearly ever battle in which a close friend or fellow Jedi died I cried in my quarters, away from the assessing eyes of the troops.

I now realize that every one of my brothers would have put a bolt of plasma through my head without a second thought.

I was forcibly bumped out my memories by a stuttering Imperial lackey tripping over his own feet and mine in a barrage of whispered profanity and apologies.

I went into a quiet corner and removed the imperial passkey that I had taken off the Sith back on Naboo. I stuck said pass-key into a information terminal, being gratefully rewarded with a uncomplicated schematic of the battle station, though it was missing several sections, including the prison block and the laser control area.

I was reluctant to use to use the Force to sense my way through, as even the slightest excess use of my power would alert Vader to my return to the mortal world.

Uncertain of what to do, I wandered the massive station until I came across a group of technicians speaking of having to repair a torture droid. I followed at a distance, aware that any moment I could die.

They led me to a set of prison blocks, thankfully uneventfully. It was a circular room that led to a single corridor lined with cells. The technicians that I had tailed were already repairing pointy looking droids in the main room. They didn’t even glance up when I entered the room. I walked towards the massive corridor intending to use a mind probe to find my Jedi colleague without alerting Vader.

Breathing a sigh of relief I entered the corridor and began to walk up it with a purposeful stride, trying to look like I was supposed to be there.

Suddenly a storm trooper with no helmet on and a blaster at his side walked out of a cell carrying a loaded syringe.

“Identification, please.”

I leapt for him, knocking him to the ground with a clatter, cursing myself for keeping my saber in my boot.In reminiscence I probably could have mind tricked him to stand down but I suppose I made a mistake.

We were rolling around on the ground, and I managed to get a grip on the syringe. I jabbed it into his neck, hopefully either killing him or keeping him out of my way.

He went limp after barely a moment.

I had to move quickly. I heard the clatter of stormies coming up the hall, and I knew I was in deep trouble.

Archived