Home

Ewok easter egg

Ping

No, unfortunately the Ewok was not included in the Test Base map. How about it, DSM? Should an Ewok be added in to this for old time's sake, or do you think it would look too silly? Scouttrooper did an Ewok model, and there's a skinpack of it over at JKFiles. I'll have to go play that map again and see where he could be placed! EDIT here: I just played through the mod's version of the map, and there were no secret areas in it, just like I thought. Would have to be remade to add in the area where the Ewok(s) is/are hiding. How many Ewoks were there, I can't remember. Do you have any screenshots you could make or provide as reference of where they are supposed to be in the map? And level twelve, Ergo Imperial Fuel Station, has the message "Ewoks Suck!" on a wall, hehehe. Hope that wall texture gets used when the map is remade.

I know there was an Ewok in the Test base, and I know that the second ewok is on the Cal-Seti level in one of the crates. I had no idea that the message "Ewoks Suck" was on the Ergo level. I believe you needed cheat codes to find the ewoks easily, but I'm not sure if the original cheats work on the mod (I'm guessing no).

Yeah, I came across some of those same walkthroughs about that; it's a pity there's no pics of the Ewoks to go with it to illustrate those said locations. I tried looking and came up empty. I was going to try to access old archived versions of The Dark Forces Homepage, the one that Simplenet and E-Reality used to host; but I kept getting robots.txt messages; I guess it was blocked from being crawled anymore. :( And I couldn't find any other pics anywhere of this, so, I don't know.

*sigh* Well, I am having no good luck finding a pic of the exact places in those maps that the Ewoks are. I looked on df-21.net and there was nothing; just for the sake of it, I found a copy of the Ewok WAX, used WAX2.exe to decompile it, then used an image editor to blow it up bigger. Here's the little guy as he is is the game:

http://lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=207&pictureid=2070

and one of the skins from Jamesh2's Ewok skin pack for Scouttrooper's model could be cobbled together, if it should ever appear in the mod in the future:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/screenshots/File/45138/1

Those pictures look better than I expected. hhunter6, you might be the wrong person to ask, but since you're working on the mod, do you know if the ewok is in the DFmod?

to my knowledge there is not. That doesn't mean it still can't happen though. anything is possible ;)

You might be able to get DSM to put the ewok in. I mean, he is the mod leader, right?

I am. :)

I've never been able to find the Ewoks in the original game. I was under the impression that there was one in Detention Center but I've also heard Testbase and Ramses Hed. Unless I see screenshots of the Ewok in a level, I'm not entirely convinced the Ewoks were anything other than a hoax. ;)

At any rate, I'm hoping to make some major adjustments to testbase for future builds of the mod. If anyone can verify the location of the Ewok in that level (or any of the other levels, for that matter) I'd be happy to re-incorporate the secret.

For now, you'll have to settle for the Jawa secret.

I found a walkthrough on GameFAQs that tells the location of the ewoks here. I had no idea that there was a Jawa in the mod. I'll have to search high and low for that thing. I only hope it's not in the Anoat level - that's my least favorite level!

The Jawa is in the Talay map, in the bar. After you turn the hydro-electric generator back on, there's a door behind some bar tables that you can open, and there's a Jawa in a secret area. I was Googling "Jawa in Dark Forces" and found a video on YouTube by a guy named tenike1 (actually, he has a bunch up on there where he was playing through the mod). The link is:

If you go to 9:27 in the video, he heads Kyle back to the bar and shows you where the Jawa is. That will help you find it yourself. I think that was something extra thrown in. I don't think Jawas were in Dark Forces, just the Ewoks. :D

Archived