Home

Male and female textures?

Canderis

It usually is an exact copy of the male texture just re-named for the female one.

Example: For a Jedi Robe PMBIxx.tga for male, PFBIxx.tga for females, one Icon file and the robe uti.

Without some specifics from you, what game, what type of clothing/armor/robe, etc. it is hard to help further.

The male/female textures for a model are actually rarely the same, in my experience, being as how they're completely different models. I think you'll find most of the textures are similar, but arranged completely different.

A few of them are the same, but I wouldn't say the majority. Of course I haven't looked through all of them so I can't say for certain.

It really depends on which game and what body model we are talking about here (like I said we need more info).

I know the Jedi Robes and Revan Robes in K1 were all identical between the male and female body models. The clothing textures, Jedi Robes, and Jal-Shey robes in TSL as well. The TSL Master Robe uses the Female texture only for both male and female if I recall correctly. So that leaves the armors, and the K1 clothes, which are indeed laid out different.

I am reskinning the jedi robes form k2 i got the textures extracted but i dont know what to name it.

Sorry mate but we are going to need far more info than that to help you. What files have you extracted, edited, etc.

Remember we only know what you tell us as we can't read minds here. (If I could I would be in Vegas playing the champions of poker. ;) )

uh... pfbn01 is the file i edited. Is pmbi01 the same thing but for males?

EDIT:i have made other skins for party members and i put them in the override folder but they dont show up in-game whats the problem with this? I know they're named right.

Ok, I get that you edited PFBN01.tga... but what else? What you Change it to? Did you make an item uti file? What did you do when making the item uti file? If you didn't rename the skin were you wearing the proper robe to test the new skin with? (In the case of PFBN01 you will need to have and wear the Jedi Knight Robe 'a_robe_13' which uses that particular texture variation)

Now the particular skin you chose to edit shouldn't need a male texture as the Jedi Master robes (N model) all use the female texture for both genders.

To successfully create a Clothing/Armor/Robe item for either KotOR game you need your 1 or 2 skin tga's (2 most of the time), the inventory icon tga, and an item uti file that points to your new texture.

ok i made a uti and named it a_robe_92 i named the robes pfbn92 but i dont think thats right.

You need an inventory icon (but you can do that later), and you need to make sure in your robes uti file you have set everything correctly especially to use texture variation 92, and the tag and resref are set to the same name as your filename, and that it is using the jedi master robe model/item type.

Archived