Home

Audio Problems

Marius Fett

lolz.. I r in ur Laptop, Screwing wit yo Sound kard!

this is why Astro hates laptops... so prone to misbehaviour!

Have you installed anything new recently that woudl affect sound drivers?

Is windows still selected your proper soudn device as "playback" in its sound settings?

Is it not working all the time, ior just in certain instances?

Does headphone jack still work??

Whats your driver situation like? If you have no luck with other troubleshooting...Check manufacturers website for latest driver version.

Uninstalling + delete the existing ones from device manager, and install the newest ones :)

good luck

mtfbwya

I r in ur Laptop, Screwing wit yo Sound kard!

:lol:

It's all the time, no the headphones don't work either. But wen I plug em in they still make the 'pfft' noise...

I'll have a go at reinstalling my drivers but it's saying they're fine...

I'm NEVER getting another laptop... Especially from Compaq. :p

I just checked the settings, it's set on the right one, I started playing a song in Media Player and the little green bar next to the speaker settings started to go up and down, so apparently, there is sound, I just can't hear it. :p

good to hear its working again. The fact that it wasnt working at headphone jack either indicated that there was something happening at a broader system level, not just shorted out speakers etc. It is usually drivers, or in the worst instance something fried on the mainbaord, but that also usually presents with many other problems.

There may have been a program/app or device that fudged with it. I remember enabling the 'sound recorder' within windows produced something similar on my desktop once.

But anyway, keep on truckin for now :) Not sure why you'd want yet another laptop, but I am heavily biased against them, so pay me no mind :D

mtfbwya

Archived