Home

Question regarding Lipsync

Seamhainn

Hello!

I want to add Lipsync to an existing module (manm26ae_loc.mod).

1. Can I make the _loc.mod file and put it into the override folder? The tutorial says it can go into the override or lips folder.

2. If I do put it into the override folder, are the new lipsyncs ADDED to the existing ones from the lips folder, or do they REPLACE them and all the original ones are lost?

Thanks and take care

As I understand it, the .mod file should probably go into the lips folder. I've never actually made a lip-sync file, but I've used several mods that did do so, and all of them had the .mod file copied into the lips folder. Of course, if it goes into the lips folder, then it will replace the existing ones.

Could someone else please confirm?

- Star Admiral

When I edited a lipsync in an existing module, I actually extracted all the files from the .mod files, put in my own and recompressed it to a .mod file. From memory that worked fine. I think as long as the references are correct, you could put it just about anywhere. I saw some dialog files using lipsyncs and VOs from other modules, so as long as you reference it correctly, even putting it in a different .mod might work.

Just out of interest, how did you create your lipsyncs? I made some in the past but never had much luck (my guy's mouth always looked like he was having a seizure).

Archived