Home

Canderous' Mandalorian Items

Sithspecter

I finally got this packaged up and sent to KotOR Files, you can find it here. It is basically the same stuff as mentioned in my WIP thread, but I've also added an implant for him, since they are his specialty, and all three implant feats. In the future, I may also add an extended neck armor model so that the neck will not be visible when wearing the helmet.

cmi01.jpg

cmi02.jpg

cmi03.jpg

cmi04.jpg

cmi05.jpg

cmi06.jpg

cmi07.jpg

chain_gun01.jpg

chain_gun02.jpg

armor02.jpg

screw_up06.jpg

I just downloaded it, and you've done some excellent work here SS. The military green is a nice shade, and much better than the bright colours that are usually seen in Kotor. That chain gun looks uber powerful (I can't quite make out what the lettering on the ammo box says; something about the Republic and ammunition). The helmet and suit of armour work well together.

The only thing that could use improvement IMO would be to add an alpha channel and put a touch of baremetal shine on there. Also, since you've used such a large tga for the helmet texture, maybe you could've put a bit more detail in the scuffed up areas (like the shield of the chain gun).

I'll try it out in game soon, 'cause it all looks great!

(I can't quite make out what the lettering on the ammo box says; something about the Republic and ammunition)

Heh, I didn't think anyone would try and translate that... but yeah, I don't even remember exactly what I wrote, I kinda got excited with the fading of the letters. :xp:

The only thing that could use improvement IMO would be to add an alpha channel and put a touch of baremetal shine on there.

I would add an alpha channel, but unfortunately for me, those don't work correctly on my computer. :( But, if someone with the knowledge (and PC to test it out) would like to help, I'd certainly love to do that.

Heh, I didn't think anyone would try and translate that... but yeah, I don't even remember exactly what I wrote, I kinda got excited with the fading of the letters. :xp:

I guess that's the tricky thing of adding any kind of text to a mod. There's bound to be someone (like me :xp:) who thinks it's an easter egg.

I would add an alpha channel, but unfortunately for me, those don't work correctly on my computer. :( But, if someone with the knowledge (and PC to test it out) would like to help, I'd certainly love to do that.

I could give you a hand with that. Just not tonight, it's time for bed.

• 1 month later...

Great armor! I have one question though: is this compatible with T7's WOTOR? (I'm kinda fond of the big and honk'n gun that Canderous gets in that mod and I don't want it to be overwritten by the chain gun) If it's not can that simply be fixed by removing the chain gun's files before you download or do you have to fiddle with baseitems?

If you install WotOR first, then install Canderous' Mandalorian Items, you won't have to worry about the baseitems file. If you want to have T7's blaster instead of the chain gun, then just delete all the .utc's included in my mod. But if you do that, you'll have to use KSE or cheats to get the armor and helmet.

Wow, that was easy! Thank you so much for helping me out and teaching me something new. (I'm probably going to go on an inventory changing spree now :-p) I had to fiddle with tar04_cander43.utc as well (the tsl patcher skipped it because it was already in my override) but it gave me no trouble, thank you!! :-D

So cool and useful items SS, the whole mod idea rocks :thmbup1: ... the only thing I'd change is having Canderous without the helmet inside Taris' cantina, for conversation purposes; and maybe without the huge gun there too, and inside Davik estate I'd keep him fully equipped but without the helmet too, for dialog purposes again.

Of course with KotorTool this can be easily fixed by ourselves ... you lazy people just do something :D ...

thanks and good hunting out there ... said that Czerka Tatooine guard ;)

Archived