Home

Lightsaber question

WindraSkywalker

Before you export your model out of GMax you need to unlink the original hilt from the AuroraBase and link your new mesh to it. Then when you run the model through the replacer it should show the default hilt. Select that as the target and choose your new hilt mesh to replace it.

You might want to read through one of the saber tutorials - the process is slightly different from blasters.

Adjusting hilt size and position should be covered in the saber making tutorials. Be aware though that, in my experience at least, radical repositioning of the hilt (both of the model itself and the pivot) in GMax is inconsistent at best. Be prepared to re-export the model multiple times to get the result you are after.

Also, make sure you are using v0.5 of MDLOps. Get it here. The newer version hosted here at LucasForums doesn't play nice with sabers. I also found that v0.7 of NWMax worked better than the newer v0.8, at least in GMax.

You're using MDLOps v0.6? Do your results look anything like this?

th_Saber-Issues-04.jpg

Exactly! just reverted to mdlops 5.0 and ìt became normal again, wow that was annoying..

but still no luck with adjusting the pivot point, my saber was still aligned to the old saber even though i delinked, lowered the pivot point, reset xforms and relinked.

Archived