Home

Trouble modding itemcreate and itemcreatemira .2da's

Arcesious

This simply doesn't make any sense to me...

I'm attempting to modify my current itemcreate and itemcreatemira .2da's so that I can use a certain mod I just got. Okay, so it's the clone Troopers for TSL mod. I don't want the clone troopers, just that total pwnage gun the mod comes with. problem is, the .2da's don't save the changes I make to them to add the gun.

I copied the line for the gun from the mod's .2da's, and put it on the last lines of each of my already heavily modded .2da's. I double checked my work before replacing my current .2da's with the ones I updated, and I noticed that the new lines I added had conveniently disappeared. Why won't those lines stay there?

This simply doesn't make any sense to me...

I'm attempting to modify my current itemcreate and itemcreatemira .2da's so that I can use a certain mod I just got. Okay, so it's the clone Troopers for TSL mod. I don't want the clone troopers, just that total pwnage gun the mod comes with. problem is, the .2da's don't save the changes I make to them to add the gun.

I copied the line for the gun from the mod's .2da's, and put it on the last lines of each of my already heavily modded .2da's. I double checked my work before replacing my current .2da's with the ones I updated, and I noticed that the new lines I added had conveniently disappeared. Why won't those lines stay there?

Are you a admin with Vista? If not it might not save.

I have a Windows XP and I've got admin haxor powa. :xp:

Well I don't understand why it does this, but the good thing is that it seems that I can still install item-creating mods without having to attempt to modify my itemcreate and itemcreatemira .2da's, and they'll still work fine. Wierd, but I'm very happy that it seems that I'll never have any incomptability issues with item-adding mods.

Its a issue I'd like to solve, but it tunrs out that it isn't any problem for gameplay.

I have a Windows XP and I've got admin haxor powa. :xp:

Well I don't understand why it does this, but the good thing is that it seems that I can still install item-creating mods without having to attempt to modify my itemcreate and itemcreatemira .2da's, and they'll still work fine. Wierd, but I'm very happy that it seems that I'll never have any incomptability issues with item-adding mods.

Its a issue I'd like to solve, but it tunrs out that it isn't any problem for gameplay.

hmm do the lines match up exactly, and does it overrite a oringinal line? I have never used that mod. If that dosent have any results, I will try downloading the mod tomorrow and set it up with a installer and pm you that.

Did you make sure to move the cursor to select a different row before saving the .2da file? If you don't, the changes will not be saved.

- Star Admiral

That might be what happened... If it's not... Well I'll just have to play around with it.

@ HK-42- the mod works fine without the itemcreate and itemcreatemira .2da's edited. I dunno why, but it just does.

Archived