Home

[KOTOR] Starting Game Script

miro42

I've spent the last two days looking for something similar and found nothing. so I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Maybe I just don't know how to do a proper search.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to start a total conversion mod, nothing ambitious, just maybe a five minute demo for my own pleasure. However, I can't seem to find the script that starts the game off. I'm not even sure if what I'm looking for is a script or dialogue or whatever.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page I will clarify:

After character creation you click on "(6) Play" which then goes to a black screen and starts up the intro movie. So what starts this and where can I find it? Or am I totally off base and this can't be done?

I'd appreciate any help.

No scripting is needed - just create your module (.mod) file and call it 001EBO.mod. It's module that is always loading after character creation.

Just a little problem with that statement: That's the first module in TSL, not K1. ;)

The K1 starting module is the Endar Spire. So, the module should be called end_m01aa.mod. :)

Actually' date=' K1 uses .rim files. The .mod files bypass .rims so there isn't any reason to back up the files. ;)[/quote']

Huh? That's never how we used to do it in the olden days (dark ages :xp:)

Of course, for the most part I always used to script in what I needed so I never did much with *.mod files.

_EW_

Archived