Home

Halo-Battle For Harvest! <RP>

((Sorry, but the Master Chief was the first person to capture a Convenant ship and that happen's alot later. As such, your about to get owned, sorry. :)))

A nearby Convenant ship burst to life and Ripa recognised it as the ship he had earlier thought destroyed. It registered that the Human's must be the pilot's in question and as such they were trying to steal Convenant technology. His flagship was at laest a hundred time's larger and faster than the ship in question, with it's system's alot more advanced that it as well.

"All batteries, open fire upon that ship!"

In truth it would only take one of the ship's highly advanced weapon batteries to destroy that ship in second's, but he preferred to ensure that there would be no survivor's. The engine's of the target ship exploded instantly, setting off a chain reaction across said ship. The Arbiter directed more and more weaponry to sweep the ship, from aft to bow, wasting no time in totalling the vessel. With second's the aft section of the ship was gone, incinerated by The Prophet's Blade.

"Unleash a salvo of missile's! Aim directly for the bridge!"

The projectile's struck home as the bridge seperated from the ship, it's hulking structure falling rapidly into Harvest's atmosphere. The structure disintegrated upon the entrance to the atmosphere, leaving the occupant's to fall and die . . .

"Send five Phantom's to the surface! Sweep the area; search and destroy."

A nearby Sangheili nodded and signalled for two of his kin to follow. They departed from the bridge swiftly, wasting no time in making for the hangar.

"I thought as much."

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kendrick was congratulating the Marines when he looked out of the Bridge's main window.

"Damn.....they caught onto us..."

One of the Marines spoke up, "What? You mean you didn't think they were?"

"No, I just thought it would take them longer to notice that everything was working again."

He pointed to a Naval Officer who was standing in front of the navigational controls.

"You...is it possible to get a course to to collide with one of the Covenant ships?"

The Naval Officer nodded, "Yes, Sergeant, that it is."

"Get it done, if this ship is going down, then we're taking them with it."

He looked to the other men,"The rest of you get to the Escape Modules or Hangar, anything that can get you down to Harvest in one piece. We can still fight them down there, the Covenant is dominant here in space."

The Marines and Naval Officers began running to whatever form of transportation. Kendrick looked to the Naval Officer, "You almost done?"

A few minutes later, "I'm done. Let's get out of here..."

Kendrick nodded and they both started running towards the hangar.

"This time we will make a lasting impression upon the Human's, is that clear?!" the Arbiter said to Neerg.

"Of course, noble Arbiter," Neerg answered with a bow. As he looked out the viewports, he saw, to his astonishment, the "Divine Justice" coming to life, a ship he had thought destroyed.

"Humans," he muttered, and was about to tell the Arbiter, but he saw that Ripa had thought the same as he.

"All batteries open fire on that ship!" the Arbiter shouted, and the crew readied the batteries in a few seconds. For a few seconds everything was blue by the plasma tropedoes, but then Neerg saw the projectiles hit their target, and utterly divide it into small chunks. He grinned sadly at his ships destruction, but controlled himself and walked back to the mid part of the bridge.

Just as he positioned himself on the Arbiters right side, three Sangheilis raced off the bridge towards the hangar. Neerg looked over the crew, and called a red armored Sangheili to him.

"Open up a commlink to every ship on the Fleet," he said, and the Elite walked off to a nearby console. He nodded at Neerg when he was done.

"Ship Masters, and Fleet Masters," Neerg said. "Move your ships to their positions, and fast, every slacking commander will be fed to the Jackals in my prisoncells." His voice was emotionless, and very threatingly. He immediatley saw every ship moving towards their positions, at full speed.

"You inserted your authority well. The Zealot's will respect you for it. Your order's for the meantime are to provide ample ground support and tactical feedback, whilst keeping our supply line's open. Intercept all and any incoming UNSC Vessel's and capture or destroy them, situation's varying. Any strong spot's in the Human's defensive chain and you are too directly assault them with Phantom's and Banshee's, coupled with the defense system's. I would also not worry about the ship's functioning or integrity all to much, as the system's have been proved invulnerable against all and any of their weaponry, even our own cannot scratch the surface."

He moved forward slightly, putting his palm against the viewscreen as flying limb's and blood sputtered the terrain beneath. Huge vehicle's were sent flying as three Wraith's provided artillery support for an advancing Grunt squadron. A Phantom dropped a second to the battle-field and proceeded to destroy a nearby outpost, allowing the squad's to form a defensive barrier against the counter-attack.

"Drop five Type-47 Super Heavy Weapon Platform's along with a supplement of infantry. Send down a few armor division's also, as to ensure success upon this front."

Ripa had read tactical report's upon the region before him, which contained a super-heavy base amid it's numerous ridge's. A single Scarab would be enough to defeat it, but the Arbiter's weapon was not his soldier's, nor vehicle's . . . it was to be fear. The Scarab's would allow the force's in the region to utterly annihalate and decimate the occupying Marine's, with minimum casualties. The Platform's he dropped were not standard issue, as he had made the Reactor and Leg's much less vulnerable.

Moment's later a UNSC fleet emerged from behind a nearby mountain, with thousand's of craft rising out of concealed hangar bay's. Prowler's emerged from cloak as they unloaded their payload of missile's upon the Blade, hoping to deter the vessel. Missile's and machine gun's unloaded all they had upon the collosal vessel, causing the shield to sputter up in reaction as small pool's of energy circulated to intercept the oncoming slaughter. Ripa's reaction was a laugh that would strike fear into the very heart of the stoutest Human.

"Show these fool's their error! Destroy the UNSC Fleet, destroy them all!"

He knew full well that the Human's had likely sent a huge portion of their fleet with this attack force, in a hope to destroy the Convenant's greatest asset. A wave of plasma spat out from every turret and cannon, sending the enemy craft in all direction's.

"Belay that order! Glass the entire section of this planet, now!"

A huge torrent of energy came down from the craft, striking into the ground and destroying all life wherever it touched. The energy wave flooded across the horizon, destroying every ship, every soldier, every life caught within. The debris fell from the sky, a few survivor's screaming in terror and agony, as they fled to whatever they could find. That wave was but a premise of the true weapon, as a small disc slid down the large cylinder bombarding the surface. As soon as the disk touched the ground the wave began renewed, burying everything in site under a pile of plasma, literally turning the surface to glass.

The Grunt squad's had evacuated before the sequence began, ensuring no Convenant casualties.

"Fleet Master, you have just witnessed our greatest victory upon Harvest . . . the UNSC fleet is no more . . . now victory is assured . . . they can only delay the now inevitable . . . the credit goes to you Fleet Master, you are the Conqueror of Harvest! All heil Neerg, great warrior of the Convenant!"

A cheer erupted from the bridge crew, as chanting began about the ship. All across the planet the war turned in the Convenant's favour and the chanting became audible across the entire globe. Every Convenant upon or near Harvest, was singing a song of victory, all in Neerg's name . . .

The fact that the Battle of Harvest was won so easily startled Xan. He had foguht humans before and this by far was too pathetic for them. They had to be planning something but why would they give up Harvest so easily? He heard the cheer from inside the ship. He looked over to see the Arbiter and the rest of the crew cheering Neerg. The only time to rejoice is when you slaughter the enemy with your blade. Xan walked over to the group and waited for the singing to stop.

"I mean no disrespect but I feel the rejoicing here will be cut short. I have fought these humans before and they are much more cunning than the display down below. They would have put up a better fight on harvest if they wanted to protect it. I think they wanted us all in a cluster such as this so they could launch a counter invasion with their fleet and take back Harvest."

"Your concern's are valid Commander but you misunderstand me. This battle is far from over, in fact now it has truly begun. Neerg has stared the battle for Harvest, truly and Commander, you are going to finish it. You are given full command over all Convenant forces upon Harvest, do not fail me." The Arbiter placed a hand upon Xan's shoulder and dipped his head, then retired to his quarter's for a short rest.

"I will not fail you Ripa" Xan whispered to the Arbiter so that he alone would hear it. Xan stared out into space while to most it was hollow, to Xan it was home. Xan turned to Neerg.

"Fleet Master I want you to get the ships ready for a counter attack, raise the shields and ready the plasma turrets. We can not give them the chance to attack back. And Fleet Master, I've already given a report to the High Council during the skirmish. I trust they will promote you unless the read my report wrong."

Neerg kneeled to the Supreme Commander.

"I will not fail you," he said. "And thank you." He stood up and ordered a commlink to open once again to the Fleet. All the ships were in their positions, frightened by Neergs threat, since they knew he would not hesitate to fulfill it.

"All cruisers raise the shields, and ready your weaponry. Every human ship that tries to either go to Harvest or escape it must be destroyed. Failiure in this order is not acceptable, and I will think of a punishment, for each and every one of you, if you fail. Is that clear?" Neergs voice was calm, and he breathed heavily.

As the commlinks closed Neerg saw on a console that a group off Covenant were under heavy fire.

"Drop off a Wraith at their position," he said to the Kig-Yar at the console. "But if that dosen't work, do not send more." The Kig-Yar grinned at the assumed cruelty, but Neergs purpose was not to be cruel, he was trying to win this battle with as few casualties as possible. Neerg walked away to a chair in the mid-center of the bridge. As he sat down the chair flew up to a meters height, allowing Neerg to float in the air, and fly to different places of the bridge.

A message fluttered onto the viewscreen afront the Blade. It was the Arbiter ...

"This is the Arbiter, prepare the ship for my arrival. The delay was due to an unexpected twist of event's to say the least. Now tell me, how goes the assault upon Harvest? I expect it goes well and if not ... you will not live to regret it."

Meanwhilst in the Heretic's hidden base ...

"Commander, the imposter has worked fabulously. The Convenant is unaware of our trick ... finally, perhap's we can reveal the Prophet's lies ..."

"No, not yet ... what of the real Arbiter?"

"He is en route to the fle--"

"You fool! You insolent fool! How could you not foresee such an event? You risk the entire rebellion?"

"Forgive me ..."

An energy blade ignited and a simple motion of the wrist sent the foolish Captain to his end. The Heretic's had to abandon their plan, before it was too late ...

Neerg was confused, the Arbiter could not be enroute towards the Blade, he was already there, in his quarters.

"Track the transmission!" Neerg shouted to the crew, which looked confused. "Now!" The crew got back to their work, and a Sangheili managed to track the CSS cruiser that had sent the message.

"Found it!" he shouted. Neerg walked over to him.

"Good. Send out a squadron of Seraphs to lower their shields, then send in a Phantom to capture them. I want them alive, is that clear?"

"Yes, Fleet Master."

As the Seraphs engaged, Neerg turned to the honour guard.

"Do not let either the Arbiter, or the Supreme Commander out of sight," he said sharply, and they obeyed.

"Fleet Master, shields are down!" the Elite shouted. "Sending out Phantoms now." Neerg saw on a console that the Phantoms arrived safely.

The Arbiter emerged from his quarter's to find the bridge crew well active.

"Fleet Master, shields are down!" the Elite shouted. "Sending out Phantoms now." Neerg saw on a console that the Phantoms arrived safely.

Ripa advanced upon Neerg to find a squad of Phantom's boarding a CSS Cruiser, with Seraph's providing ample support in the guise of cover fire.

"Neerg, status report ... ?"

"Heretics," Neerg said shortly. "They had an impersonator of you, telling us to let a ship dock, we tracked the transmission to that cruiser," he pointed at the cruiser on the screen. "and I've sent a squad to capture them alive, so that you may interrogate them." Neerg bowed.

Meanwhile on the Heretic cruiser...

"Go, go, go!" a red armored elite, named Terga, shouted to his squad, consisting of more than thirty Grunts, seven elites (plus himself) and 10 Jackals. They went towards the bridge, encountering no resistance from the Heretics.

Terga saw something flicker in the shadows. He raised his plasma rifle, and shot at it. A large group of heretic elites and grunts appeared, and attacked Tergas squad...

(I got confused, it seemed like we all had conflicting posts and I was on spring break. Is the Arbiter an Honor Guard now?)

The Phantom was finally docking on the great cruiser, and Valkanar and the Elite from his training school both entered the hangar. The pilot came in behind them.

"Where are you going, Valkanar?"

"My orders were to protect and obey the Arbiter. I must find him. He said we had some things to discuss."

Coryntar locked arms with him. "I shall have to report back to my squad when I am able."

"Very well. But take this so that we can contact each other again." He handed him a tracking device, one of several he had for special operations. "They equip us well." He did the Sangheili equivalent of a laugh.

The nodded farewell, and Valkanar began a long walk to the bridge. Finally he arrived. There was a great deal of comotion going on, and there were explosions both in space and on the planet. He attempted to spot the Arbiter.

"Very good Fleet Master, I trust that you will not" Xan replied.

The Arbiter who had just left a few minutes ago was on the screen, it was a trick. The heretics must have tried to trick the covenant again, they never have been able to do so. Xan watched as Neerg sent out a fleet to go capture the heretics.

"and I've sent a squad to capture them alive, so that you may interrogate them."

Xan laughed a deadly cold laugh.

"Correct me if I am wrong Fleet Master but I believe it only takes one stubborn heretic to be interrogated for information, The rest sound like they're just up for grabs."

((Ataris, you've been given the rank of Honour Guard and the Heretic's are trying to strike at Covies' flagship. The Human's are on the retreat and are beginning to lose ground.))

"I have had enough of this trickery, these delay's ... Xan! We are headed to the surface at once. Fleet Master, you have the bridge."

The Arbiter departed through the doorway and descended a grav lift to the hangar bay. He swiftly input the code and entered the massive structure, making godspeed to the nearest Phantom.

"You are correct, Commander," Neerg said. "I will change my orders immediatley." Neerg bowed quickly. He opened a commlink to the squad he had sent.

"Find the imposter, and the leaders also," Neerg said. "You can kill the rest." The commlink shut down. Neerg bowed his head in sadness. He was sorry for the Heretics, misguided as they were. Or were they? The Prophets never told any of the other species about the nature of the 'Great Journey', and its destination was commonly known to be 'Glorious Salvation'. He didn't think of it more at the time, but he was sure to discuss it with the Supreme Commander later.

On the Heretic ship the Covenant squad had managed to kill the Heretic group that attacked them. After a few minutes they were at the bridge and placed a charge on the door. As the charge blew up the door, the squad stormed in and quickly secured the bridge, not killing any of the Heretics. They did not find the imposter anywhere, so the squad leader opened a commlink to Neerg.

"We have found the leaders, but not the imposter, Fleet Master," Terga said into his commlink. There was a pause before Neerg answered.

"Interrogate the leader, he must know. If you do not find out where he is, you will take the leaders back to the Blade, where we will interrogate them further."

Terga closed the link and walked over to the leaders. He studied them, trying to figure out which one was highest ranked. He picked one and hit him in the face.

"Where is the imposter?!" he shouted, a little bit of saliva landing on the Heretics face. The Heretic did not answer, so Terga hit once more, harder. He asked the same question, shaking the Heretic as he shouted.

"I will never tell you, pawn of the Prophets," the Heretic said, enraging Terga, who brandished his plasma rifle and held it close to the Heretics face. The Heretic just looked more resolute. Terga shook his head.

"Fine," he said chocked, and angered. "Fine. I was trying to save you from this, but you give me no choice. I will take you to the Fleet Master, and he will interrogate you." He leaned his head one centimeter from the heretics face. "I heard he once tortured a prisoner so much, the prisoner went mad, but not before telling the Fleet Master what he wanted him to know." Terga laughed as the Heretics eyes filled with fear.

"Feel like telling me now?" Terga said, delighted with the fear he had caused. The heretic shook his head and Tergas smile was replaced with anger. He paused for a few seconds.

"Take them to the Phantom, we are leaving," he said. His squad forced the Heretics to stand up, and pushed them through the corridors to the Hangar. The Heretics were forced into the Phantom, and then the Phantom left the Cruiser.

The Phantom docked with the Blade and after a few minutes the squad and their prisoners arrived at the bridge.

"Terga, status report," Neerg said.

"We have their leader with us."

The Arbiter passed by, and Valkanar stood there. Something about Heretics was all that he was able to catch. Then a nearby Sangheili shouted at him.

"Honor Guard, where is your uniform?" He chuckled at this. He was in red armor, but obviously didn't care much about authority. Valkanar didn't mind. He had only recently gained this new rank, and had forgotten about it nearly himself. He simply stared and then left the bridge.

It didn't take him long to find an armory. Inside he managed to get the Honor Guard accessories equipped. He also was able to get himself a charged energy sword and a plasma pistol. Nothing else could be spared, apparently. He checked his beam rifle. It was out of charge. He left it in the care of the Grunts in the armory and raced to the hangar, both weapons attached to his midsection. He had two plasma grenades left. That would have to be enough, he thought grimly.

He saw the Arbiter boarding a Phantom just in time. Making good use of his agility training, he got onto the ramp just in time as it was closing.

"Arbiter! You weren't going to leave me behind after our Phantom failed to save you?" he did a slight Sangheili grin and took a place on the side of the Phantom.

"I have had enough of this trickery, these delay's ... Xan! We are headed to the surface at once. Fleet Master, you have the bridge."

Xan bowed to the Arbiter, "As you wish holy Arbiter."

Xan walked past Neerg but not before putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Good luck Neerg, may the Prophets guide you."

Xan followed the Arbiter and went into the grav lift and followed the Arbiter into the Phantom. He took notice of the honor guard, he must of been a personal guard of the Arbiter. Xan did not take a seat though, he preferred to stand.

"Ready to leave when you are Arbiter."

Neerg grinned a little bit as the Arbiter and the Supreme Commander left. He turned to Terga and the Heretic leaders.

"Why do you do this to yourselves?" he asked. "Betray the Prophets." He shook his head and walked towards the exit, waving his hand at Terga and his squad to follow him. They walked towards the Prison cells, Neerg hoped to find some Jackals there.

They arrived, and Neerg saw that indeed some Jackals were in one of the prison cells, he checked a console and saw that they had not been fed for more than week.

"They're probably hungry, don't you think?" he said as the Kig-Yar jumped at the Sangheilis, only to be stopped by the energy shields in the way. "Send his legs down." He pointed at one of the Heretics. The squad quickly put him on a crane, and a grunt at a console sent the crane down, so that the Kig-Yar could eat at the Heretics legs.

"He is in the Cruiser!" the Heretic shouted.

"We know," Neerg answered, and didn't send him up again.

"He is in the brig! Just please, send me up."

"Thank you. Do whatever you want with him." Neerg walked out, and went to the bridge. As he arrived he ordered a commlink to open to the Arbiter.

"Arbiter, I have the location of the imposter, what do you want me to do with him?"

Archived