Home

Halo-Battle For Harvest! <RP>

((I know there isn't many people yet, but we may as well get started and hope that more join.))

The Convenant and Human's are at war, as the Prophet's weave a web of deceit that would last for twenty year's and, ultimately, be their undoing. Twenty year's before the Great Schism and destruction of Installion 00, the Convenant has begun an offensive upon Harvest. The UNSC was shocked at the sudden appearance of hostile Alien's, but was quick to intercept the oncoming threat.

A matter of faith and courage, that is who will prevail.

Harvest's Orbit. 0200 Hour's.

'Faith and Courage.'

The Arbiter stood amid the observation platform aboard 'The Divine Justice' as he contemplated this new enemy. Regret had confidence in his ability to lead the Convenant force's to victory against this new race, but many thing's clouded his mind. Why did the Hierachy not assimilate this new race, bring them into the fold . . . ? Given that their technology is limited . . . but useful. Their battle technique's were impressive and they were excellent strategist's, yet they were not admitted into the Convenant.

But he was the Arbiter, it was not his right to intrude into the Hierachy's affair's. He was to die for honour and glory, in a blaze of redemption. Of course, he knew that was simply the Prophet's way of sparing him for their own use, but he had no qualm's with such ideal's. Great thing's such as the Journey required substance in a form and the Arbiter was but one of many. To the public he was a failure, adorning a new face in an attempt at redemption. To the Prophet's he was a weapon, a tool.

A Kig-Yar (Jackal) approached him slowly, cowering as he muttered indistinguishable vowel's and word's. "Speak clearly, Kig-Yar." The Jackal froze and risked a glance at the Arbiter, clearly afraid of his master's intent. "We have intercepted a holo-recording from a Human officer, nothing much but it give's us some infor--" Ripa snarled at the creature and gestured a dismissive hand to the fumbling Alien, guiding him to the door. He tapped a console as he departed, bringing a holo-imager to life.

The Human figure spoke as recording's of battle's and event's filled the screen. "At first thing's went well, but then setback after setback . . ." The voice faded into obscurity as the Arbiter watched the dancing light's intently. He muttered a curse as he brought his strength to bear against the projector, severing it's support's instantly and sending it against a viewport. "Intriguing." He turned in time to see a fellow Sangheili approach him. "Arbiter, what is your command?" The Arbiter considered as he stared out a nearby viewport. "The Human's are tenacious . . . yet brave and . . ." He trailed off as he considered his word's. "Perhap's, but they are an enemy of the Convenant nonetheless. Such is the will of the Prophet's."

Ripa nodded as he recognised the phraise that many Elite's spoke in reply, yet they meant nothing by it. All were confused as to why the Human's were denied, but perhap's it was simply too early to calculate. "Commander, send aid down to the surface. Include a full armor battalion . . . and take a Scarab. Establish a base and create a perimeter, then move dropship's in to take various point's across the surface. We will create outpost's and stronghold's to match the enemy and possibly defeat them." The Sangheili nodded and began to leave, but halted at the doorway. "Arbiter, when do we leave?"

"Immediately, inform me of your progress at 0600 hour's." The Sangheili nodded, even though Ripa could not see it. He departed and left the Arbiter to his thought's. He moved over to the front of the observation deck and tapped a panel, bringing the comm to life. "Find Valkanar 'Crolunee, send him to me. I have need of his . . . prowess." The comm immediately silenced as it vanished back into the panel. He looked out of the viewport into the endless void of space.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Francisco USNC Marine Base, Earth

0400 hours

Master Sergeant Kendrick Harrison watched another Pelican transpot bring in another squad of marines.

"Okay!! Group E! Form on the left! Prepare to disembark and arm!! Two minutes this time! GO!"

The Pelican's drop ramp fell, and almost immediatley, a squad of green clad marines sprinted out. They were sent here to be loaded into another ship, a much larger ship.

A USNC Battleship to be correct.

Ironsides the II was planned in San Francisco, built in San Francisco, it only made sense that it began its first combat excursion from San Francisco.

There had been numerous reports that this new Alien force, the ones who called themselves 'The Covenant,' had been reported unusually close to USNC prospects, and now they were going to handle the problem.

Kendrick stood tall above the marines as they clamored past.

One of them stopped,"Hey what's with the uniform, did they change it, or are you just a Hell Jumper?"

Kendrick chuckled, "Yeah, you guys are suddenly obsolete and out-of-issue! Haven't you seen SF before!! Now get moving!!"

The Marine snapped back to work and whispered to his friend, "He looks like Spec Ops but he shouts like a Marine..."

The two men laughed to themselves, but Kendrick did not notice, he had twenty more Pelicans to unload, and not too mention, he was going to kick ET, or the Covenant, back to his galaxy, and maybe a bit farther.

He rested his battle-rifle on his shoulder and continued shouting orders.

The Bridge, Divine Justice.

0400 hours

Ripa 'Moramee moved about the bridge at a brisk pace, ensuring all was ready for the Prophet's plan's. The bridge staff tapped command's into their respective terminal's, ensuring that the ship was ready for it's required duties. The Arbiter halted at the front-center of the bridge, looking out of a viewport to the planet below. He had recieved word from Regret himself, commanding him to glass a Town just south of the Zeta Region. The command would be carried out at 1100 hour's, giving him enough time to ensure that he was ready. More than enough time. It would only take five minute's for the ship to be ready, but the Arbiter was in no rush.

After glassing his legion's would be needed on the planet below, to ensure victory for the Prophet's. He had no qualm's with fighting alongside his race's rival's, the Brute's. In fact, at time's their race had been a very useful asset, even going so far as to turn a battle in the Convenant's favour. Recently he had been assigned a Brute Commander, who in turn had contributed a large portion of his force's to the Arbiter. A mutual respect had arisen between the two, something not common between their race's. An officer disturbed his contemplation's.

"Arbiter, enemy vessel sighted. Shall we engage?"

"Negative, I have strict order's from the Pro--"

A lone Brute laughed. "The Prophet's are fool's, let us fight a battle for tale's to be told!"

The Arbiter gestured for the Brute to move to his side, drawing a small metallic device from his belt. The creature complied, looking over as well the scenery of Harvest. "What did you say?"

"I said that the Prophet's are--" The beast screamed in primal fury as the Arbiter's blade ignited through his chest. He gestured to two idle Kig-Yar officer's. "Remove this filth from my sight." The lifeless corpse collapsed, as if on queue. The officer's moved to obey, dragging the massive form from the bridge with monumental effort. "Any other that would speak against the Prophet's, the journey, speak now! Let the Arbiter bring judgement!" The crew roared approval at his word's, a few Sangheili lingering silently in the corner.

He turned back to the viewport, brushing the Brute's blood from his shoulder plate. "Command the True Judgement to engage." The comm's officer silently obeyed, the afore mentioned ship moving to obey. A salvo of plasma missile's quickly crippled the vessel, rendering it powerless. The comm's officer awaited the Arbiter's word, his sign. "Finish it." He quickly tapped a few button's and spoke quietly to the console. A moment later the UNSC vessel exploded, bursting under the plasma ray's.

"Now, what about Valkanar 'Crolunee? I asked for him long ago!"

Kendrick had half of the required Marines loaded, it would only be more five minutes and the Ironsides would be up and ready. Everyone seemed eager.

Suddenly, a nearby news console started blaring, and some idle citizens that were walking on the docks listened.

Kendrick continued directing, but kept one ear listening as the news program continued.

"....Covenant Forces have begun engaging USNC vessels above the military's considered 'point-man' planet, Harvest. Current reports say that multiple Covenant ships have arrived, and this may only be the beginning...."

The news broadcaster paused for a moment, and another Pelican landed.

"....USNC High Command has just ordered that all USNC military personnel is to report to the nearest Base or HQ for strategic plaing and deployment. Current time is 0420 hours, time to full deployment is approximately 6 hours at most. Military advisers wish to say to the public to stay calm, the attack can and will be repelled."

Kendrick shook his head,"To hell we will..."

He knew that USNC wouldn't be able to repel the invasion in such short notice, even if the bulk of the military was already posted on Harvest. It would only be a matter of time.

Suddenly, another Pelican landed in an unauthorized zone.

Kendrick sealed his black helmet and ran over, trying to figure out what was happening.

He knocked on the Pelican's side.

"Hey in there!! Can't land her here, get in line with the rest of the unloading crews!"

Suddenly, the landing ramp opened, and several Hell Jumpers ran out.

Followed by a Spartan Super Soldier.

Kendrick smiled, seeing the situation immediatley brightened.

"Alright, get a move on...to heck with authorization.."

He ran back over to the main loading dock.

The Phantom's boarding ramp extended to ground level as a group of Sangheili and Unggoy disembarked at a swift pace. The Elite Major, Ristap 'Kilanee, came off first, moving to the side of the ramp and repeating a disembark gesture three time's. A few Kig-Yar were amongst the company, to operate as Short-distance scout's and anti-infantry support. After the retinue was safely unloaded in the hangar, the ship's ramp lurched backward's, reseting the mechanism for launch.

Ripa approached the Major in a formal posture, his hand's behind his back and his shoulder's held high. The Major dipped his head slightly as he acknowledged the Arbiter's presence, but quickly ceased after an immediate hand gesture from Ripa. As this went on a number of Phantom's repeated the procedure as they unloaded their quarry into the once-quiet hangar.

"Major, begin the briefing at 0700 hour's. Rule's of engagement are standard protocol. UNSC Military Personnel expendable." The Major saluted and moved over to a nearby doorway, tapping in some command's to the console, opening the door. He looked back only once to ensure that the landing process was clean, with no casualties. Such thing's were uncommon, unless the pilot's were Brute's of course . . . A Phantom came down upon an unwary Elite, almost crushing him. The figure was too agile however, swiftly dodging the mass as it dropped from the air. A pilot emerged moment's later, with two Elite's holding energy sword's to his back.

He cackled insanely as they pushed him away, a known sign of insanity amongst his race. The Major sighed and continued into the room, taking only a moment to seal the door behind him as he left. Ripa examined the platoon's as they moved away from the hangar, preparing themselves for the battle ahead. He sighed as he slowly counted the amount of craft that had arrived.

Valkanar deactivated his cloaking generator right beside the Arbiter. The ship he had been on had suffered some malfunctions, and the research into the cause of these malfunctions was still pending. After all, the Covenant rarely made mistakes in their ship-building. It could have been due to sabotage.

"My Arbiter, you summoned me."

It was proper to show protocol before giving an excuse in this instance.

Sam Larson loaded his small footlocker next to his bed, his meager supply of clothes fitting in there easily.

I knew I should've brought the picture of my girlfriend.... Sam thought longingly. He kept his M6G pistol with him at all times, his motto was "Ready", which came from his church function. He would be ready if an Elite burst into the room, or at least, he'd be able to put a whole in it before he died.

Stop thinking like that! You've got reason to live so you will! Sam thought. He sighed, this mission was going to be a long one....

An Elite emerged behind the Arbiter, coming into focus as the cloak dropped around him.

"My Arbiter, you summoned me." Without turning the Arbiter moved forward. "Yes I did. After the glassing process is complete you will accompany me personally to the surface."

He waved a dismissive hand, not interested in any of the 'its an honour' comment's that many'a kind spurted out at such a proposal. Such an order. He moved with purpose toward's a nearby grav lift, departing from the hangar instantly.

The final Pelican landed, and the final squad embarked on the massive ship, Ironsides.

"Okay!! Embark and load!! We've got a mission to run here!!"

He jogged onto the huge loading ramp into the ship, closing right as he got inside. A Marine walked up to him.

"Sergeant, do you know where we're goin'." The man had a thick accent, probably came from the deep South.

"Do I know where we're going? I'm just a Sergeant, my job is to follow orders and to keep you guys living, we notice you guys don't fight well when you're dead. That's as far as my knowledge goes. But I can tell you one thing, the Covenant is gonna get a nasty hit in this mission. YOU GOT THAT SOLDIER!"

The Marine smiled, saluting,"SIR YES SIR!"

He marched off, Kendricks chuckling. The Marines really liked to be enthusiastic.

They were going to need it where they're going.

The ship's massive engines began running.

The Arbiter made a wave, but Valkanar had already cloaked himself again. It was obvious the Arbiter was not in any mood to discuss things at the moment. Better to let things be.

He had only just discovered his new leader's identity hours ago aboard the cruiser from Crolun, the Realm. In truth, he did not know much of anything about the Arbiters of the ages, except that they were christened in times of great need to serve directly from the Council of High Charity.

An almost inaudible ping sounded in his aural cavity, produced by a tiny intrument designed for stealth. The Realm had arrived. But why would it be contacting him at such a time? There was a large battle about to take place.

The ping sounded again. This was not common procedure. The Arbiter had already left. It seemed that, in this instance, it was up to Valkanar to figure out what to do. Still cloaked, he followed back the way he had come to where a cruiser was landing. There was no sign of the Realm, however.

A true mystery indeed.

The Arbiter froze for an instant, as he heard slight shuffling in the air vent's. He lunged toward's a nearby panel, ripping it from the ceiling. A marine tumbled out, followed by a second. He heard numerous shout's from inside the pipe, as the Human's scattered. He ignited his energy sword through the first's back as he hit the ground, slashing the neck of the second. He reached into the vent and swiftly pulled another out, lifting him by the neck.

"How did you get onto my ship undetected?!" He slammed the quivering form against the wall, only to find him dangling limply. He let the form fall from his grasp, collapsing lifelessly onto his comrade's. Two Unggoy accompanied by a Kig-Yar and Sangheili quickly rushed onto the scene. The Sangheili moved to his side as the Unggoy struggled with one of the bodies. His four-jawed maw quickly contorted into a form of displeasure, as he dismissed the Unggoy with a start.

He flung two of the form's over his shoulder, as his comrade followed suit. The Kig-Yar reluctantly poked at the form's with his rifle and leapt with a start as one of the form's whimpered slightly. The Arbiter stopped and gestured to the body. The Sangheili nodded and threw the body to the floor, drawing his carbine as the body fell. He put a salvo of plasma into the Human's body, ensuring it was dead. He brought his tremendous strength down upon it's frail form as he stomped the broken body into the floor panel's. The Kig-Yar moved to drag it out, as it's foot caught on one of the wire's beneath the panel. Two of it's brother's aided it in the venture.

A moment later the Arbiter had returned to the hangar and moved behind Valkanar with extraordinary speed and agility. He dropped the body to the floor behind him, creating a large thump. "Valkanar, I think you know what I'd have you do about this." He turned to the other Sangheili. "Report to the bridge and scan the area for cloaked vessel's, these gnat's will be dealt with!" He saluted and moved to obey. "I believe the only way the infiltrator's may have gotten onboard is Hangar 05. It is virtually devoid of activity due to the accident there, not to mention the aft sensor's are down. Are you willing to aid me in purging this hangar or not?"

Valkanar had not realized that his cloak had deactivated. Something very bad was going on. He attempted to reengage the cloak, but to no avail. Obviously the demons were employing some anti-cloaking technology.

"Sir, my cloak is disabled. And it may be prudent to bypass the hangar altogether and leave it to another squad. I believe the source of these demons is the Realm, which is likely cloaked above the hangar. We may need to disable the cruiser first."

The Arbiter mimicked the Elite's gesture, only to find a similiar response. "Indeed. Captain! Take a squad of Unggoy and Kig-Yar and clear out that hangar! Employ whatever it take's, including the Hunter's." The nearby Brute nodded and moved to obey, as the Arbiter again shifted his focus to Valkanar.

"These 'Humans' really are something . . ." He trailed off as he quickly realized what he was saying. He felt that Valkanar was likely thinking the same thing, but did not bother to find out. "Smart thinking. We will take two phantom's then. You will take a strike force of Sangheili and penetrate the starboard hangar, you are to sweep the crew quarter's and security bay. My force will come from the port and do a similiar raid, we will meet upon the bridge." He nodded to a nearby Phantom, already a crew of Sangheili moving out of a nearby armoury.

He left no more to word's and moved onto his own Phantom, gesturing for the crew to get on board. He opened a comm-channel to the bridge and ensured he was on the right frequency. "Commander! Have you found--"

"Yes, a number of enemy ship's have been found on the Realms sensor log. After that it cut off. It seem's they have boarded."

"What is their current position?"

"They are above Hangar 05."

"As expected . . . good job Commander, continue with the preperation's for the assault. This will not take long. I expect they will attempt a counter however, so put all combat system's onto standby and the ship onto full alert. Have some Drone's probe the vent's for anymore infiltrator's . . ."

"Yes Arbiter, but what of the Demons?"

"If any are found inform me . . . immediately. They shall meet the end of my blade."

"Your will is my command. I will have our Drone's pick this ship apart until they find these infiltrator's . . . you have my word."

"I trust that on your families honour, Commander 'Zotaree"

"So be it. Good luck Arbiter."

Abruptly, Valkanar also interjected, "Arbiter." Nodding, he watched the Arbiter in his ancient armor as he boarded a Phantom.

Approaching the squad of four Sangeili, he assumed his normal demeanor. They stopped instantly. All were wearing red armor. He did not know how a group of veterans would fare, but they obviously were willing to listen to him.

"By order of the Arbiter, I require you to aid me in repressing the demons aboard the Realm." He pointed to the waiting Phantom, a white-armor clad Sangheili emerging.

"You there! Warm up the Phantom's engines and take us to the Realm."

"There are no signatures of the ship present." Valkanar barely outranked the Elite.

"It is above Hanger 05, contact the flagship if necessary."

"As you wish."

They boarded the craft, and after verification from the flagship, Valkanar was approaching the Realm. Of course, he left the piloting to the Elite Ultra.

The cruiser ahead of them was strangely eery, and the cloaking could obviously be seen once they got in close. Its weapons were apparently not yet operational. As they approached, Valkanar suggested they take the vents near the engines.

The ramp detracted, and he leapt onto the emitting ducts. The airlock would be some ways down the tunnel. The rest of the squad followed, but the Phantom left.

I suppose I was not clear enough with the Ultra.

The cloaking faded into the ship's internal structure as they walked. Equipping the beam rifle from his back, clearly not yet noticed by the squad, he explained.

"It was not expected I was to be acting as an infiltration unit in this battle. Fortunately, we are going to be in close quarters soon anyway."

After brandishing the weapon, he shot the locks to the airlock and primed a plasma grenade, wedging it into the opening.

After the air lock door was down, he stated, "Let us hope now that this ship does not leave the atmosphere." At this, he promptly got out his energy sword, dazed by the weapon yet again. He had not used the weapon in training very often, much less in such a critical situation as this one. He was also able to activate his cloak.

In this instance, it seemed, the humans were not nearly as smart as the Arbiter had claimed.

The Arbiter's ship swiftly landed in an open hangar bay, an obvious example of either stupidity or violence. The Phantom's cannon's spitted violet-blue ray's into the small gathering of marine's nearby. Unfortunately for him in this instance, it seemed, the Humans were as smart as he had claimed. A large turret fell from the ceiling and open fired upon the Phantom, it's system's more than a match for the transport's defense's.

The Arbiter struggled to the cockpit and shouted to the pilot. "Extend the boarding ramp and get out of here!" He complied swiftly and brought the ship about, pushing the engine's to full plasma warp. The Arbiter's squad leapt just before the ship exited the hangar, landing squarely upon the floor. The Arbiter ignited his blade's and leapt at the Human's, picking up the warthog and flinging it at a nearby Pelican. The ship was rebuffed and sent tumbling out of the hangar, taking a few nearby marine's with it. He roared in rage as he cut a swathe across their rank's, leaving no marine standing.

Ripa was known to be the most formidable practioner of 'Rage' in his time. It's meaning did not really leave much to the mind, as the user simply used agility and strength in a vicious combination. Without so much as a single hit to his shield's the Arbiter finished the resistance, his squad only just battle-ready. With a few simple hand gesture's he broke the squad up and gave them appropriate order's, as he moved alone to a nearby terminal.

The Human's knew of Valkanar's presence and had already prepared a trap for them. He suspected the Elite would not underestimate the Human's, but did not intend to leave it for chance. He activated a loudspeaker at Valkanar's location. "Commander, you may or may not be aware that the Human's have prepared a trap up ahead. I advise you not to underestimate them . . ." The Arbiter stopped. "It seem's they have a Spa--" The comm fell silent.

He could only pray that Valkanar heard the last word's of his message. The Spartan's, or Demon's as they were known, were not to be trifled with. He knew that just three of them were more than enough to defeat an entire platoon of Sangheili, such a menace were they. He had only encountered them once but witnessed their skill first hand. Even he was bested by one of them, but narrowly managed to drive them off. He respected them as such, knowing they were more than his equal . . . more than any Sangheili's equal.

He discarded such thought's and silently prayed for the Elite, as the Arbiter moved through a nearby doorway and engaged stealth.

A crackling burst of communcation came through a loudspeaker, and then ended. There was no understandable words, but the voice sounded like that of a Sangheili.

Cutting through to the engineering ducts, Valkanar knew this would end up somewhere in the starboard hangar. He had taken the back way in, assuming that flying straight into the hangar was suicide. Likely the Arbiter was already deep in the ship, cutting through soldiers, and had found a much quicker way in than the engines or the hangar.

Slicing open the hatch above him, he lept into the hangar, entering from the side. There was nothing there. Absolutely nothing.

And then his cloak wavered and dissipated, at the same time a demon coming into view at the opposite end. He had heard about these Spartans. He had never expected to meet one, but now he saw his error. Without their cloak, his squad was clearly visible.

The Spartan held one of his blasphemous battle rifles, wielding projectiles. As he began to fire, Valkanar's shields flared. He lept onto the nearest wall and began to climb, finally leaping onto the ceiling of the hangar and launching himself at the Spartan.

The demon was quick. As the squad opened fire, not only was he able to dodge their fire, but he also was ready for Valkanar's leap. A strong arm threw him aside.

Unfortunately for the demon, the punch had not been aimed very properly. He was thrown through the door and into the ship corridor. After getting out of his daze, he sped through the complex of the ship, hoping to gain distance from the human, and attempted to locate the security bay. His cloak was still not functioning, and he had been damaged, but perhaps he could figure out a way to disable the anti-cloak generator.

This was a bit much more than his training had prepared him for.

The ship had made the atmosphere quickly, and was now preparing for quick travel to Harvest, hopefully in time.

Kendricks didn't like the situation.

The Covenant does months of probing attacks, and then takes everyone off guard and attacks their military center on Harvest. Everything wasn't looking good.

A man in a Navy White uniform tapped him on the shoulder.

"Sergeant Kendricks, isn't it? There's a man here who would like to speak with you."

Kendricks turned, facing a Naval Admiral, and the Spartan Soldier he had seen earlier.

He snapped to attention,"Sir! It is an honor to be in your presence."

The Spartan only nodded, the Admiral chuckled,"Well, we are as honored to be speaking to you as well, Sergeant. Your previous friends have spoken of you often. Does 'Johnson' ring a bell?"

Kendricks smiled,"Heh, that it does, Sergeant Major Johnson, worked with him on my last mission, excellent soldier."

The Admiral nodded,"He put in a good word for ya. Now that we're going to engage the Covenant in one of the first major invasions of this war, we think that the Chief here, would be best to accompany you...during this battle."

Kendricks looked visibly shocked,"Sir...uhhh...thank you sir, having the Chief along with us would be a great lift to morale."

"Indeed, good to hear you're open to it...come to mission briefing on Bravo Deck in two hours. Got that?"

"Yes sir."

"Good, see you then."

The Admiral returned a salute, and the two men left.

Kendricks let out a breath, that moment was absolutley amazing. The Covenant was probably engaged with Spartans at the moment, but they didn't know THIS Spartan. The Chief was indeed a whole other type of Super-Soldier.

Sam slept deeply, waiting for his shift to begin, when the warning sirens blaired suddenly. Enemy contact, enemy contact, west side! The pilot at the helm screamed over the intercom. Oh God, there has to be a hundred of them! All troops to Battle stations, I repeat, all troops to battle stations!

Sam sat up instantly, reaching for the clothes on the floor next to him, he threw on his Holster for his M6G and ran to the bridge, He saw a Spartan.

" Whoah" was all he could say.

The Arbiter sprinted past Valkanar towards the Spartan. Upon arriving he found half of the Elite's dead and the rest wavering. He dived for cover and drew his carbine, firing a salvo at the Spartan. "Arbiter, we can't hold him!" The Spartan jumped at the Elite squad, using his immense strength to throw their cover aside. He fired a few round's from his shotgun at point blank range, defeating the Sangheili with little effort. Then a miracle happened. Five phantom's burst into the hangar, throwing down the door. Sangheili and such leapt from them, focusing fire upon the lone figure.

The Arbiter moved behind him and drew his blade, trapping him. The Spartan figure used his foot to flip an energy sword hilt in the air and activated it next to the Arbiter's neck. A swift duck kept death at bay, as the two dueled across the hangar. The Spartan's immense strength and quick reflexe's were more than a match for the Arbiter. The Convenant reinforcement's stood in a circle around the pair, watching in awe as champion met champion. Those who could not see moved off to secure the ship, leaving the group alone. Finally the Spartan cornered the Arbiter, who was backed into a corner with no escape. "I will die with honour, Demon!"

Then an explosion ripped the ship in half . . . the Arbiter blacked out.

It took some time but finally Xan's phantom had landed. Xan was the first to get off before he signaled his troops to do the same. With quick hand motions he had the Brutes, Jackals, and Grunts secure the ship. He took his fellow Sangheli with him. He noticed a lone Sangheli is gray armor running away from battle. Xan knew he was a stealth elite so he let that go. Xan continued advancing forward cutting down any marine that got in the way. Xan heard the voice of one of his brothers and looked up. A demon stood in front of the... the Arbiter! Xan grew angry as other reinforcements watched the fight.

"Out of my way!" Xan barked as he pushed through the crowd.

Xan looked around for some way to get the Arbiter out of danger. However before he could think and explosion went off. The Arbiter was on the ground and the Demon was trying to catch its balance. Xan who had used his energy shield for cover took the advantage and threw himself at the Demon. Theo two toppled to the ground but not for long. The Demon kicked Xan in the midsection forcing him off. The Demon brought the sword down at Xan's throat but Xan activated the shield again. The sword bounced off and caught the Demon off guard. Xan sweep kicked the Demon and brought him to the ground. Xan looked at the ground and picked up two of the pathetic human weapons. Xan fired at the Demon forcing it into cover.

"Don't just stand there, get the Arbiter to the phantom!"

As the covenant reinforcements obeyed his command the Demon dived to the left. Xan dropped the two smgs and charged the Demon with his sword. The Demon had disappeared. Xan looked all over but there was nothing.

"Coward," Xan said under his breath.

Xan walked back to his troops.

"Sir, The Arbiter is in our phantom safe."

"Good, carry out with the rest of the mission, I'll make sure the Arbiter wakes up."

The elite squad moved out and Xan walked back into the phantom, waiting for his leader to wake up.

Hearing utter chaos erupt around him, Valkanar knew that he had to accomplish his mission quickly. After buzzing the crew quarters, in which no one was present, and finding the security room, in which he found some easy kills with his energy sword, he looked around the room for anything that looked mildly out of place.

He was, of course, just coming to the realization that he was well and truly exhausted, but still unaware that this was because he was bleeding profusely.

Finally, he stuck a plasma grenade on the consoles, made a break for it, and made his way towards the bridge, suddenly aware that he could barely see. He was going blind due to the blood loss.

Alarms racked the ship, and he stormed the bridge, only marines present. After he had sniped a few of them with his beam rifle, albeit not too efficiently, he collapsed amidst several marines who were about to deliver the killing blow.

Little did they know, of course, that he had just thrown a plasma grenade onto the self-destruct console.

With that, Valkanar drifted off to a very untimely sleep, and was vaguely aware of a bright light and a falling sensation....

Kendrick was standing near the observation port, just in time to arrive in Harvest's orbit.

"Damn." He said as he looked at the huge fleet the Covenant had assembled.

He looked behind at the other marines.

"This is gonna be fun....gear up, and get to your squads. Load the Pelicans, we're gonna have us some WAR!!"

He put on his helmet and equipped his rifle, running towards the Pelicans as everyone was.

Neerg Repivee was standing at the brigde of his flagship, Divine Rage. He was a Fleet Master, clad in golden armor and on his belt hung a piece of bent metal.

"Fleet Master," a Grunt at a computer screen said. "The Divine Rage is taking heavy casualties from the human ships."

"Send out another squadron of Seraphs," Neerg said calmly. He walked over to the Unggoy and leaned over the screen. He was just in time to see the Seraphs engage and utterly destroy the human Longsword-fighters. He walked away again.

"Fleet Master, a boarding squadron!" an Elite shouted. "It's coming towards us! We can't shoot them, they just evade!"

"Fine," Neerg answered. "They won't come far inside the ship anyway, send a squad to intercept them."

"Yes, Fleet Master."

Kendrick ran inside of one of the Pelicans, with it's engine warming up.

The green-armored Spartan was already inside with some black-armored Hell Jumpers.

Several other marines joined the boarding party.

Kendricks snapped the seal on his helmet, and it immediatley activated, little boxes of information appearing all over the HUD, providing reports for nearly everyone on the ship, the ship included.

He changed to a serious face, as he always did before a heavy engagement.

He walked towards the pilot and looked out the viewport at the Covenant ship they were heading at.

He looked at pilot, a Lieutenant,"Hey, sir, do you have any info on that ship we're approaching?"

The Lieutenant nodded, and activated an information panel on her dashboard. A holographic blue screen appeared with the requested information.

She looked at Kendricks,"This one is The Divine Rage, Flagship, Capital-class, approximately 50 gun ship, with a minimum crew of 2,000, but seeing as they are at war, they may have more. She fought numerous battles against the USNC two months ago, destroyed the USNC ships Victory and Eagle's Dawn, it didn't take any survivors. The last Captain that was identified was known only as

'Neerg,' after that, there is no more information."

Kendricks nodded,"Thank you sir..."

He stood and walked back into the main transport room. This one was going to be personal. Why? Half of his former division was aboard the Eagle's Dawn, every single one of them were reported KIA, Kendricks was on leave at the time. The guilt still dug at him.

He sat down in an empty seat and looked at his watch,"Okay everyone, 5 minutes until we dock with the Covenant ship, get your weapons loaded, this is gonna get hot."

( Sorry, I couldn't find the thread.)

Sam loaded his Shotgun, the smooth clik-clik-clik of shells going in and the chu-chik of hte pump being worked soothed him, he had killed a few grunts in the battle, he was just starting to get over it. Sam never got used to killing, never. He looked at the bandolier across his chest, he only had 20 extra rounds... Not the best, he'd get a few shots before he'd be out.

" Dang..." Sam said as he slowly got drowsier and drowsier.

Archived