Home

Confused!!!

jooeph

Can anyone out there answer this question? I'm trying to install a new mod and add some new items to Sith Lords. I install the mod according to the readme and when I go to edit the game using the Kotor save game editor, I see the items listed on the master build inventory listed in red! All the items in the game's equip list for these new items have the icons blanked out. Can "ANYONE" tell me why this happens. I know I must have a conflict somewhere, but I can't find it! These are uti. files that according to the readme should be put into the override folder. I've checked to make sure the're in there and sure enough, they are! What am I doing wrong? If anyone can tell me I'd LOVE Find out!!!!!

OK first off, you may wanna calm down. Second, as far as I can tell, new items always appear as red in KSE (unless its in your inventory, in which case its blue). Third, do you mean all the new items or all items in the game have icons "blanked out". And lastly, by "blanked out" do you mean there is no icon for the items, or just white (and are you talking about the icons in KSE, the actual game, or both?)?

Malxados

OK first off, you may wanna calm down. Second, as far as I can tell, new items always appear as red in KSE (unless its in your inventory, in which case its blue). Third, do you mean all the new items or all items in the game have icons "blanked out". And lastly, by "blanked out" do you mean there is no icon for the items, or just white (and are you talking about the icons in KSE, the actual game, or both?)?

Malxados

Hello Malxados! Thanks for answering! Yes, the icons are white. That's what I meant by blanked out. However,all the original game items are just fine and the game plays just fine,only the new one's are blanked out and don't work. For example, if I added some new clothes those icons are blank(white). It will list the discription of what it is, but when you choose the character to wear them the game will default to the original clothes not the mod clothes that you just installed. There's where I think I have a conflict. Do you know what my problem might be?

The red indicates that the items are not part of the 'vanilla' version of the game, but rather customised ones; makes it easier to find them. The white icons issue sounds like the .uti's (the files that are the weapons/armour/items which you have dropped in your override folder) can't find their appropriate texture. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it might have to do with some .2da file not being installed properly, or that the texture/icon files are not where they are supposed to be. This could also be the result of a clash with another mod.

Hello Xrefusex and thank you for your responce.

The mod I'm trying to download is from Kristy Kistic. The mod is kk_pvcdu Dancer Outfit Kotor2. What I liked about it, besides the appearance, was the mod gives more wisdom points(Ooooo! more force points).Anyway, the mod only has the 10 updated uti. files. The other mod I used was her mod that allows Visas Marr to wear them. That mod has a readme that tells you that this mod will require me to modify the appearance.2da.files.It reads... scroll down to line 457 then scroll over to the modell column and put PFBL there. In the texl column,put in PFBLC and save. Now...when I went to modify this,and to my surprise, they were already changed so I didn't have to do anything there.Then it reads...if you already have the outfits in your save game,unequip them using tk102's save game editor and remove them from your inventory, save the file then re-add them. Save the file. All done. Well... I did all this and I still get the default dancer outfit

(the original). So I'm not quite sure where I went wrong. It would appear that I did what was required, but as you stated the problem must be a conflict with another mod. I did remove any mods that I thought would be guilty one but didn't see any. Oh... thanks for the explaination about the red text in the master build list. I thought red always meant trouble! Thanks for clearing that up.

I tend to avoid mods that require me manually do the 2da editing and opt for ones that use the TSL patcher, or already have the edited 2da files which you simply drop into the appropriate folder.

.2da editing is a bit beyond me (never had the patience to get that much into modding), but if you simply want to make some powered up items, you could extract vanilla .uti's from the game with Kotor Tool and make tricked out copies yourself. Then you edit their properties (such as bonuses, restrictions, etc), make sure you change their id numbers (so they don't 'over-write' the existing item when you drop them in your override folder, unless you want to make those items available to your enemies as well, if they happen to be equipped with them) and then add them with KSE.

Hello Drunkside! Yes, after thinking about it for a little while I suspected something had to be missing also. Especially when I notice there were no tag.files in the mod either. But that was all the mod had when I opened it. Unless there's another mod that has all the other files you mentioned, you're probably correct and it won't work. Still... it seems kinda strange that the readme doesn't tell you that those uti.files wouldn't work unless you used it in conjuction with another mod. So...maybe there is a mod out there that it can be used with but I just haven't found it and these were just updated files for that mod. I think I'll need to do a little more exploring before I try to install it again. Thanks for you imput.

Archived