Home

Answers to stupid questions

Atlantic94

So there are a few things i'm trying to mod but I need someone to point me in the right direction as far as existing tutorials or pre-existing mods. I searched for information and fould little to nothing here. These are my three questions

1- Is it possible to replace the corpse (prologue) of Kreia with Atris ?

2- How would I change Hanhaars voice to that of a different alien (i.e. a rodian) ?

3- The fifth (possible) asian male head has all of the resources in the game but doesn't show when creating a new character.

Is it possible to replace the corpse (prologue) of Kreia with Atris ?
Would either be a UTC or 2DA edit. Possibly that model is the appearance.2da line Party_NPC_Kreia_Stunt. Not sure - would have to dig into the module file. EDIT: Yes, perusing p_kreia002.utc inside 101PER_s.rim shows that Party_NPC_Kreia_Stunt is the one used for the morgue corpse.

How would I change Hanhaars voice to that of a different alien (i.e. a rodian) ?
Try editing his UTC (p_hanharr.utc). Using KOTOR Tool, look under the Advanced tab. There's a drop-down menu for Soundset. There are two Rodian male options (and a female one). Save the modified UTC in your Override folder.

The fifth (possible) asian male head has all of the resources in the game but doesn't show when creating a new character.

From appearance.2da:

label		normalhead	backuphead	
137	P_MAL_A_MED_01	41		45
140	P_MAL_A_MED_02	42		43
143	P_MAL_A_MED_03	43		42
146	P_MAL_A_MED_04	135		44
149	P_MAL_A_MED_05	45		41

From heads.2da:

head	alttexture
41	PMHA01	PMHA01
42	PMHA05	PMHA05A
43	PMHA07	PMHA07
44	PMHA06	PMHA06
45	PMHA03	PMHA03A
135	PMHA06	PMHA06

There's actually a 6th head texture, PMHA02. It's only 256x256, compared to 512x512 for all the others. It isn't listed in heads.2da, so I assume is this your missing head? Strangely there is no PMHA04 texture.

th_TSL-Male-Asian-PC-Heads.jpg

You could add it with additional entries to appearance.2da, heads.2da, and portraits.2da, assuming the head model exists (there are 7 Asian male head models by the looks).

Would either be a UTC or 2DA edit. Possibly that model is the appearance.2da line Party_NPC_Kreia_Stunt. Not sure - would have to dig into the module file. EDIT: Yes, perusing p_kreia002.utc inside 101PER_s.rim shows that Party_NPC_Kreia_Stunt is the one used for the morgue corpse.

I've edited the 2DA for that line before and it never changes the body. I think a placeable is used instead of the appearance line.

Try editing his UTC (p_hanharr.utc). Using KOTOR Tool, look under the Advanced tab. There's a drop-down menu for Soundset. There are two Rodian male options (and a female one). Save the modified UTC in your Override folder.

Thanks, I missed that one completely. Easily solved.

From appearance.2da:

label		normalhead	backuphead	
137	P_MAL_A_MED_01	41		45
140	P_MAL_A_MED_02	42		43
143	P_MAL_A_MED_03	43		42
146	P_MAL_A_MED_04	135		44
149	P_MAL_A_MED_05	45		41

From heads.2da:

head	alttexture
41	PMHA01	PMHA01
42	PMHA05	PMHA05A
43	PMHA07	PMHA07
44	PMHA06	PMHA06
45	PMHA03	PMHA03A
135	PMHA06	PMHA06

There's actually a 6th head texture, PMHA02. It's only 256x256, compared to 512x512 for all the others. It isn't listed in heads.2da, so I assume is this your missing head? Strangely there is no PMHA04 texture.

The head in question is 45 from lines 149-151. I meant to say that everthing for the head is there (three transitions, head model, portraits) ant they're all in the right places as far as 2DA entries but that head just doesn't come up as a PC choice. The sixth head just seems like its a clone of the long haired head 135. I found a few unfinished "do-overs" like the republic captain head and Saedhe plus a model like Jorans but with diferences and no skin.

th_TSL-Male-Asian-PC-Heads.jpg

You could add it with additional entries to appearance.2da, heads.2da, and portraits.2da, assuming the head model exists (there are 7 Asian male head models by the looks).

This is currently how I have added it. It just seems a shame to make extra lines for ones that are there already.

I think I should revisit this aqs I haven't gotten anywhere yet so here's what i'm asking now.

1) Has anyone managed to alter kreias' corpse to look like a different NPC?

2) What would be the best way to alter Hanhaars entire VO from wookie to a different alien.

3) I have made new selectable heads before but what is it that makes them selectable versus just a NPC head in the Heads 2DA file.

Thanks for your ideas Darth Parametric. I did look into some of them but I don't think I was asking the right questions.

3) I have made new selectable heads before but what is it that makes them selectable versus just a NPC head in the Heads 2DA file.

Its actually the portraits.2da that defines whether or not it can be used as a pc head. The value in the "forpc" column is the one your looking for. If the value is "0" it isn't selectable. Set at "1", it will be selectable.

(I might be completely off here, I never attempted to try what he is asking, and I can't exactly test it right now.)

2) What would be the best way to alter Hanhaars entire VO from wookie to a different alien.

AFAIK, Hanharr uses the regular wookie sounds that are inside the utc file. You can change his VOs to Aqualish, Bith, or Twi'lek. The lips might be a little off.

I believe its set in .dlg file(s) for Hanharr. You would need to export all his convos using Kotor Tool and then in DLGEditor change AlienRaceNode number to something else, depending on what VOs you want (or to 0 if you don't want any alien's VOs at all).

1- Is it possible to replace the corpse (prologue) of Kreia with Atris ?

Kreia's body in this module (001EBO) is placeable object, so you would need to remove Kreia's body from 001EBO.git (Kreia's body object is called gencrps004.utp, I believe). Then create .utc file for Atris and spawn her in module using dead OnSpawn script.

Archived