Home

K1 Mod Idea - Dantooine & Taris post-bombed

juansaman

OK, I don't know if anybody has post these ideas, but as I haven't seen it, I go ahead with it:

I was thinking in how I hate not have the possibility of returning to Taris and Dantooine after the Sith attacks. I would like to return there and see what's the situation after that. And what I hate most is to have helped people in those planets, lot of them saving their lives, only to be killed by Malak.

Also, KotOR is full of grat ideas and we have no seen some of them.

Taris: You can bet that the Upper City has been destroyed almost entirely, but maybe some of them could have survived and hide in the Lower City. The situation is pretty bad, and some Sith that were in Taris and survived could join you, help you or continue to be *******s.

What happened to the Beks and the Vulkars? And what about Davik's bussinees? There are a lot of possitions on Taris underworld after Davik's and Brejik's deceases, and the ruining situation could be a good point to get wild.

And, after you discovered how to cure the rakhgoul plague, you could help

Zelka Forn to clean the Undercity.

Also, the Outcast village is empty, so can be used for the Upper City surivivals, which would be very ironic!! And always wanted to know aobut the Outcasts' Promise Land, would be great to see that.

So, in cut content we saw Deadeye Duncan escaped, why don't we see that?

Dantooine: Lot of people dead, the grasslands are on fire or plenty of holes, the Enclave destroyed as we saw in TSL, and the Sith are landing to "clean" the area of Jedi. Survivals could hide in the Crystal Caves or the Temple, your mission is to rescue them and departing with them of Dantooine to a safe location. Maybe some surviving mandalorians could join the survivals against the Sith.

Manaan: Simple. When you finished the search of the Star Map, you can get the Sith or the Republic kicked out of Manaan. What if they refuse to do? You could help the selkath to get your enemy out of the kolto business, in a fight for all the city.

Ok, hope this gives to someone any idea!!!

From what I've seen of the few screenshots from e-varmint's mod it looks pretty good.:) I confess that I'd also be interested in a mod that would allow you to visit Dantooine in K1, after Malak's bombardment. I remember reading in one of the threads on these forums, that it was the original developers' intent to make it possible to return to Dantooine after the bombardment and help fight the Sith invasion. I think the evidence for this was in some of the dialogue files, although my memory's not that good atm, so I'm probably wrong. But I've always thought of the idea of returning to Dantooine in K1 to be a very good one, even though we get to see Dantooine's ruins in TSL. I think it would be neat if we'd have the ability to visit it in K1 as well, fighting the Sith invasion of our old training grounds.:D

Anyway, just my :twocents:

e-varmint made a mod in which you can return to taris, here:

http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/

I tried it a while ago, thank you! But it's development was stopped due some issues. It was directly connected to K1 Shiny Golden Sith Digs mod, all from e-varmint. I recommend to make a try.

There's also a return to Dantooine mod out as well, but I don't have the link handy.

Yeah, I remember, I downloaded it ages ago, I still have it, but it hadn't the bombed and distroyed ambient it should have.... Anyway it was funny to play.

Personally, I'd like to see your ideas for Manaan become reality.

Great, let's hope somebody talented has time to make it real!!!

Thanks for your comments

Yeah, the problem is to make it appear as most real possible without making it a nightmare to work in. I think that, maybe, smoke and fire could do some effect, and but I don't know for craters, and some burnt areas could be employ the grenade-floor effect... But that's not enough. Maybe taking proffit from the Dune Sea, adding some Dantooine remains of the Dantooine grasslands? I don't know if that's possible, I'm talking without knowing a bit of modding neither modeling/reskining....That's why I'm not going to talk about how could be done the destroyed Enclave....

Archived