Home

Meatgrinder Returns! (High Speed JA DS, up 24/7!)

Kurgan

we should organize an LF get together on teh meatgrinder. seriously, whenever i go on/check the status, its only those bots that are on. (and who wants to play with bots? i can do that offline)

Yeah, but you won't fight my custom made bots offline! (even if you use OJP Basic)

However, yeah, we all prefer to play with humans. You guys will need to organize that and synchronize, because otherwise there's no telling when somebody is going to be on and you not.

Yeah, but you won't fight my custom made bots offline! (even if you use OJP Basic)

I thought we had already established that i hate your bots...

:p

You guys will need to organize that and synchronize, because otherwise there's no telling when somebody is going to be on and you not.

WHO'S UP FOR SOME LF MEATGRINDER FRAGGIN?

I thought I tried voting for the next map but maybe I might have done it wrong.

And while you may take pride in your map cycle that you created, I have a differing opinion. I hardly ever see the server with FFA maps anymore, and that's the main reason I'd want to join the server. The siege levels are nice though, since I never get to play siege. Maybe you could intersplice more FFA maps inbetween the other game modes.

Hey Kurgan, if you guys need a Ventrilo server let me know.

I can get you set you up on mine.

Actually, can I say "yes please"?

I was just hanging out with a friend of mine today but he hadn't heard anything from our other vent server prospect yet. So if you can set one up for us "now" that'd be awesome!

I'll be at my computer Sunday night for sure, and I'd love to try it out! I've had these headphones with mic just collecting dust. I should probably get one of those throat spray things that singers use to make sure my voice is in tip top shape for the trash talking... ;)

I thought I tried voting for the next map but maybe I might have done it wrong.

And while you may take pride in your map cycle that you created, I have a differing opinion. I hardly ever see the server with FFA maps anymore, and that's the main reason I'd want to join the server. The siege levels are nice though, since I never get to play siege. Maybe you could intersplice more FFA maps inbetween the other game modes.

Well here's the thing, you must "hardly ever" see Siege, if you are joining at a certain time of day.

Here is how the cycle works:

FFA (6 minutes on a Duel map, that's why)

Siege Hoth

Siege Desert

Siege Korriban

Siege Hoth

Siege Desert

Siege Korriban

So that right there may take quite awhile, especially if the teams don't progress quickly (remember, it does map switching for offense/defense).

After that it goes to FFA... first a six minute "duel map" (which I call Mayhem because it's a big mosh pit), then the five standard FFA maps. THEN it does the four FFA BONUS maps (from the raven Bonus pack), then it does another Mayhem round (again, just six minutes) and then it goes into CTF... does all of the standard CTF maps and the Bonus CTF map, then iirc, it does a Team FFA map and then a series of short Mayhems (which again are essentially FFA, just sabers only in a confined space, so it goes quickly), then it starts over.

I assure you then, that after each "round" of a gametype, there is a quick deathmatch in between. Mayhem, Siege, Siege, Mayhem, FFA, Mayhem, CTF, Mayhem, Mayhem, Mayhem, etc. repeat...

So in the morning when the server restarts (around 4-4:30am CST iirc), until Siege completes, it is going to be FFA for at least half the time.

I thought you could vote for gametype change, but I could be wrong (might have disabled it because it might screw up the game, can't remember).

When I get home I'll test the voting options again. I'd like to give minimal options so people can't screw it up accidentally, but still change if it's getting too boring or something.

Actually, can I say "yes please"?

I was just hanging out with a friend of mine today but he hadn't heard anything from our other vent server prospect yet. So if you can set one up for us "now" that'd be awesome!

I'll be at my computer Sunday night for sure, and I'd love to try it out! I've had these headphones with mic just collecting dust. I should probably get one of those throat spray things that singers use to make sure my voice is in tip top shape for the trash talking... ;)

I responded to your message :)

i just went and found out what a "vent server" is.

and i think its a great idea! :thumbsup:

(now if only i can get on when there are humans around. i dont want to have to chat with your bots.

:xp:)

The more the merrier.

I decided, I decide! Trouble is, my internet hasn't been working the last couple of days, but Nedak, I defiantly want a free vent server to use... pretty please? ;)

I can check my email again tomorrow afternoon, send one to kurgan @ qwest . net with all needed info. If I have to have a name or something for it, call it Meatgrinder (which is the name of the JA game server as well).

Internet is back, Vent server is set up:

A "Vent" server for the game is now up! So now you can voice chat with

other players (assuming they're logged in as well).

Get Ventrilo HERE.

Vent Server: vent8.gameservers.com

Port #: 4544

Channel "A" Meatgrinder

Hey guys, the way to get people to join is this... go INTO the server, and wait awhile. You may have to be patient, as this game isn't as popular as games released last year. But if people see that someone is in the server, they will join and it tends to accumulate from there.

What seems to empty out the server is the Bonus maps, because people still don't have those. It's sad really, because these are official, and let's face it, people are willing to download over a GIGABYTE of files to play MB2, but not a paltry 15-20 megs for some professional maps made by the game's dev team? Strange.

Also, for you guys who are still having trouble telling the bots from the human players, do this:

In the console type:

/serverstatus

Ping of 0 = bot. Ping of anything above zero = human player.

I am going to turn on voting, so if you are on a map and getting bored waiting and nobody is joining, you can switch to the next map. If it is screwing up, I'll disable it.

It appears the consequences of allowing "voting" on the server is this:

It ends up on Siege Destroyer and stays there... forever (once the map is over, it restarts, repeats, etc). Not that there's anything wrong with Destroyer, but again, the huge bias/ignorance against using addon maps on public servers means that this clears out the server and prevents people from getting on.

I wish the Q3 engine had a better delivery system for auto-downloading! (Or at least that OJP Basic had implemented such a thing)

Voting also breaks the vstr cycle, which is a problem, so I'm turning it off. I reduced the number of bots on certain maps so hopefully it won't seem so annoying to people. The goal of having bots is to get people to come to the server, believe it or not!

Archived