Home

Scripting Question, Adding another class to a party member.

Here's a sample:

void main()
{
AddMultiClass( CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN, GetObjectByTag("Mission"));

}

You can replace CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN iwth:

CLASS_TYPE_SOLDIER

CLASS_TYPE_SCOUT

CLASS_TYPE_SCOUNDREL

CLASS_TYPE_JEDICONSULAR

CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL

CLASS_TYPE_COMBATDROID

CLASS_TYPE_EXPERTDROID

CLASS_TYPE_MINION

And you can replace Mission with your Party Member's name;)

Hope this helped:)

Here's a sample:

void main()
{
AddMultiClass( CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN, GetObjectByTag("Mission"));

}

You can replace CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN iwth:

CLASS_TYPE_SOLDIER

CLASS_TYPE_SCOUT

CLASS_TYPE_SCOUNDREL

CLASS_TYPE_JEDICONSULAR

CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL

CLASS_TYPE_COMBATDROID

CLASS_TYPE_EXPERTDROID

CLASS_TYPE_MINION

And you can replace Mission with your Party Member's name;)

Hope this helped:)

Thanks Darth, this will come in use for my next mod I'm planning. One that I believe is just a tad more ambitious then most people go with the whole Party Member Multiclass thing.

Thanks Darth, this will come in use for my next mod I'm planning. One that I believe is just a tad more ambitious then most people go with the whole Party Member Multiclass thing.

Friendly advice: get started on the 'proof of concept' and 'getting it to work in some capacity' aspects of modding before overplanning.

Also, you say that as if that many mods gave multiclasses for everyone. :eek:

Friendly advice: get started on the 'proof of concept' and 'getting it to work in some capacity' aspects of modding before overplanning.

Also, you say that as if that many mods gave multiclasses for everyone. :eek:

Thanks for the advice,

But I already have the basic aspect working., I had the concept pinned down pretty quickly.

And everyone and their dog released mods for non-jedi to multiclass into jedi. Something I will not be providing in my mod.

Another question for anyone who may know and happens to read this.

Is it possible to create new feats, like Scoundrel Luck? And could I set such feats to be gained at certain levels by a class made by myself. (Like sneak attack with the scoundrel).

Thanks for the advice,

But I already have the basic aspect working., I had the concept pinned down pretty quickly.

Proof of concept = getting it to work.

And everyone and their dog released mods for non-jedi to multiclass into jedi. Something I will not be providing in my mod.

Actually, once I'm done with this 'speed run' of sorts (just to get the save games for the sake of testing, eh), I'll get to work on a party balance mod.

Basic premise is to give all NPCs a unique class and dummy feats that allows them to wear armbands that will grant them extra attack(s) without getting Jedi powers. I'll also mess with the Power Blast/Sniper Shot settings to make them a bit more competitive.

Oh, and making Sentinels worth a damn. Bastila can hardly hit anything, lol. Some dual-wielder, eh.

Another question for anyone who may know and happens to read this.

Is it possible to create new feats, like Scoundrel Luck? And could I set such feats to be gained at certain levels by a class made by myself. (Like sneak attack with the scoundrel).

1. No. Feats are hardcoded. You could make dummy feats that trigger the use of armbands/shields, though.

2. Speaking of dummy feats... Scoundrel's Luck doesn't do anything. Look at the acbonus.2da file. The characters get the defense bonus anyway. Same goes for that Jedi AC feat.

Proof of concept = getting it to work.

Actually, once I'm done with this 'speed run' of sorts (just to get the save games for the sake of testing, eh), I'll get to work on a party balance mod.

Basic premise is to give all NPCs a unique class and dummy feats that allows them to wear armbands that will grant them extra attack(s) without getting Jedi powers. I'll also mess with the Power Blast/Sniper Shot settings to make them a bit more competitive.

Oh, and making Sentinels worth a damn. Bastila can hardly hit anything, lol. Some dual-wielder, eh.

1. No. Feats are hardcoded. You could make dummy feats that trigger the use of armbands/shields, though.

2. Speaking of dummy feats... Scoundrel's Luck doesn't do anything. Look at the acbonus.2da file. The characters get the defense bonus anyway. Same goes for that Jedi AC feat.

Ah right, that sucks about the feats thing. A question of itnerest... would you mind giving me a copy of your speed run saves? My big problem is this is a new pc and im learning to mod but have very little saves for testing.

Archived