Home

Problem with K2 Installation

harIII

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and I am now having a problem installing The Sith Lords. The install stops running when I get to the extraction of "models" in the first disk, about a sixth of the way through.

Does anybody have any advice or any ideas as to what to do?

Does the installer just stop responding? Does it give a crash message? Are there any scratches on your disks? Did you run it in administrator mode? I've been using Win7 for two months now, both the beta and the RC, and TSL has run fine for me on both.

- Star Admiral

An error message appeared that forced me to click "Okay or Cancel or something to that affect" and closes the installation. It just appeared to stop running though when you do a "Ctrl, Alt, Del" it says that the program is running fine.

I'll clean the disk up and see what happens, this would sound like the most reasonable problem. I tried it on Windows 7, Vista, and XP and it did the same thing each time.

Cleaning the disk didn't work but I believe I found the problem. I tried to copy the CD files over to my hard drive but the process frooze just as the installation. I am now convinced that a particular file is corrupte somehow. If somebody would be kind enough to post or email the below file to me, I would be very much obliged.

KOTOR 2 - The Sith Lords

Disk 1

Name: data2

Type: Cabinet File

Size: 598,864 KB

Archived