Home

level cap removal...

shane2243

I would have posted the level 40 progression mod already, but I'm having problems near the end with the .2da's.... KotOR Tool doesn't seem to like the number of total new columns, and crashes.

I made a text-format .2da with TlkEdit, and used stoffe's text<->binary 2da converter, but then it looks like it loses formatting in KotOR tool. It may actually work with KotOR, but it would be a pain to test out.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I changed it by hand, and now KotOR Tool seems to like it. It's also 5kB smaller, so something very screwy was happening with TlkEdit.

Edit2: I guess I was a little too enthusiastic.

It turns out that KotOR does not allocate memory for experience amounts past level 21 -- the values it pulls from exptable.2da. I actually guessed this might happen while I was looking at the exe, but since it let me level to 21 with no problems before, I didn't think much of it. I didn't figure it out until I completed the level 40 progression tables.

I still have some ideas for getting around it, but they involve much trickery.

Sorry folks.

(Here are the new 2da progression tables if anyone's interested. xptable.2da in particular was a massive PITA with 400 new entries -- I had to auto-generate it all.)

EDIT: I did finally after hours and hours of tracing find where the maximum level amount variable is set. It's without question hard-coded into the exe.

Three-- three hundred!? I'd need to type up an XML generator to make the progression tables for that, otherwise it'd take years! :-)

I think an xbox mod wouldn't be such a good idea, unless you are ready to void the warranty on it.

Microsoft doesn't support the original xboxes anymore. The warranty is no good.

For the record, legal discussions need to be taken to PM's or other such appropriate areas they are off topic here.

But since this thread has run its course, and it has been confirmed to be hard-coded, and I indicated that discussions on editing the exe is not allowed here... time to let this one go.

Archived