Home

Scripting animations strref help

Greetings Holowan Labs!

I realize you've caught me not working on my Creepy Fashion Merchant Mod, but to be quite honest, I'm sort of stuck in terms of modding ability (and I'm a bit A.D.D anyways). I will still finish it, but I want to get a bit of scripting experience done first.

I'm working on a dialog right now, and I want certain animations to play during the conversation. I know there are ways to do this: either use the "add animation" function in dlgeditor, or use a script to do it. However, I can't seem to find the animation I'm looking for (set/disable mine) in that area, so I figured scripting would be a bit easier right?

Well, now the problem is that I can't find the animation strref I'm looking for.

Here's what I have so far.

void main() {

AssignCommand(GetFirstPC(), ActionPlayAnimation([color="Red"]10017[/color], 1.0, 3.0));

}

The red is the number of the animation I'm trying to get to play, but I have no idea what the number is for the disablemine animation or where to find it.

10017 is the "pump fist in the air" animation, and it looks quite funny considering what I'm trying to accomplish.

So yeah, any help would be nice.

ah... add 10,000? Didn't think of that.

How STUPID! (not you newbiemodder, the situation)

Alright, I'm off to try it.

EDIT: It worked. AH, my dialog performs flawlessly (almost)! I'm having some issues with getting conditionals to work, but it's not a dealbreaker. Once I solve this conditional script, the mod is about 1/4 done!

Archived