Home

Walking Animation Fix

I have been working on this for a while now. But was unable to host it as KotOR files has been having so many problems. Here is the link. Readme file below. A youtube vid will be posted once completed. Thanks Lord of Hunger!

YouTube Video

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Knights of the Old Republic

TITLE: KOTOR Walking Animation Fix

AUTHOR: ZimmMaster

FILENAME: walk_fix.zip

FILESIZE: 668 KB when unzipped

--------------------------

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

--------------------------

Simply run the TSLPatcher and follow the on-screen instructions.

To uninstall, remove these files.

------------

DESCRIPTION

------------

Are you tired of that wierd waddle-like walk that BioWare added in the 1.03 patch? Do you want it to look normal without that wierd sliding effect? Well look no further than this mod right here! This mod uses the TSLPatcher to edit certain columns in the appearance.2DA file to make all the PC's walk at a more neutral pace. As there are many Darth Revan mods out there as well, I went ahead and edited the Darth Revan row to match the PC's walk speed. Also do not worry if you don't have an Override folder as the patcher will create one for you if you don't already have one.

-----

BUGS

-----

None, I hope. If you do find any bugs however, PM me at LucasForums (username: ZimmMaster) or post in the comments of the KOTOR Files page the mod is located at.

-------------------

DISTRIBUTION NOTES

-------------------

The terms of use are clearly stated at my website(http://www.freewebs.com/zimmmaster).

-------

CREDITS

-------

Fred Tetra- For creating his awesome KOTOR Tool that makes us modders job alot easier.

stoffe- for making the TSLPatcher and informing me how to slow down the walking animation.

Me- For making the mod and removing the sliding effect.

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY OBSIDIAN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Thanks all for the compliments. @Weavel I will make a tsl version once I am done with the following solo projects:

Ultimate Saber Mod (TSLPatcher Version)- It will make all the changes automatically to the 2da, dlg, utc, and recompile the scripts. WIP.

Ultimate Sound Mod (TSLPatcher Version)- Again remade with the TSLPatcher to resolve the compatability issues. Upload Pending.

Items of Revan v2- Will upload later today.

In the meantime all of my head mods including my Dopak Head which already has it will be integrated into it.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello ZimmMaster!

I tried and installed your Movement Animation Fixes for my KotOR game and I wanted to check what actually changed in the appearance.2da file. I expected to read new values (2.70) in the columns "walkdist" and "rundist".

Instead, despite the installer saying that the update was successful, everything seems to be the same as before.

Can you help me understand?

Thanks!

EDIT: It was just my fault for not checking the whole column. I did not notice that the new values start from around raw 150. Sorry for the false alarm!

@Salk - I'm glad you got your problem resolved as I've been checking for problems in the mod for the past hour and have not found anything. So I'm glad you were able to fix it.

@StarHero-D & Salk - I'm glad you like this fix of mine. If you have not already, be sure to get the updated version. Here is the release thread. You can also find the K-Files link by going here or by following the Movement Animation Fixes for both KotOR and TSL link located in my signature.

Hmm this seems to be working for me even having the original 1.0 version, looks like steps are a little longer now ZimmMaster? females specially? :raise: and it seems females are walking a little faster too, must be due to the longer steps probably ...

I don't know how much sliding effect did the 1.03 patch add, maybe for that patch the new walk will be more noticable? :)

thanks ZM, gonna keep this running permanently :thmbup1:

Hmm this seems to be working for me even having the original 1.0 version, looks like steps are a little longer now ZimmMaster? females specially? :raise: and it seems females are walking a little faster too, must be due to the longer steps probably ...

I don't know how much sliding effect did the 1.03 patch add, maybe for that patch the new walk will be more noticable? :)

thanks ZM, gonna keep this running permanently :thmbup1:

What happened with the original version is that the walk animation was too slow which made the gliding effect because the walkrate column values cannot be altered to match the driveanimwalk values. The walkrate remains mostly the same. The 1.3 version speeds up the animation and makes the gliding effect less visible. I hope this clears it up.

-ZM-

You are very welcome. I try to be one of those who give help with the mods they release, not just release them and expect to give them no help with problems.

Yeah, more modders should be willing to help. But many times fault is of the people who install and don't give proper feedback, something that is more than evident in this forum as well as others :raise: ... and I have experienced it by myself ... :indif:

I've seen that maybe more than 50% of users who come with a feedback here do it ONLY to post problems and how to fix them, and that bothers quite a lot 'cause a modder always want opinion about THE MOD ITSELF besides installation issues and bugs, which must be dealt with naturally.

Problem is users don't post AFTER PLAYING AND FINISHING the mod and instead they just write a short "Hi I like this" or "I was expecting this" or things like that ... :(

well maybe I'm rambling a little here :^: ... enough ramble to start a whole new thread probably?

Yeah, more modders should be willing to help. But many times fault is of the people who install and don't give proper feedback, something that is more than evident in this forum as well as others :raise: ... and I have experienced it by myself ... :indif:

I've seen that maybe more than 50% of users who come with a feedback here do it ONLY to post problems and how to fix them, and that bothers quite a lot 'cause a modder always want opinion about THE MOD ITSELF besides installation issues and bugs, which must be dealt with naturally.

Problem is users don't post AFTER PLAYING AND FINISHING the mod and instead they just write a short "Hi I like this" or "I was expecting this" or things like that ... :(

well maybe I'm rambling a little here :^: ... enough ramble to start a whole new thread probably?

This is sad, but totally true. But you have to admit, some are trying to get better about that. Also, no you are not rambling, you are merely stating an opinion. If you have seen some of my earlier posts, you can see that I'm very good at rambling. If there was a rambling badge, I would be a prime candidate for it.

Archived