Home

reskining creatures

D4R7H 5K3L370R

i wanted to see about getting something made for kotor 1.

is it possible to reskin some of the creatures you fight throughout the game?

also would one be able to change said creatures stats as well?

if so, i wanted to see if someone could reskin a mini rancor as well as a full sized rancor for into a new looking creature.

the mini sized ones would have higher stats than a terentatek and a regular mini rancor.

the full sized ones would have to have higher stats than a regular rancor.

i would like the creature to be something a bit zombified looking.

maybe some torn open wounds or decaying flesh, with large knife like teeth.

the body could basically still look mostly like a rancor though.

i would like it to be terrifying and grotesque to behold, i'm not too particular on the details beyond what i've described so just use your own imagination beyond that.

my only other request is that it use some of the following colors in it.

greenish-blue (like aqua-marine), grey, olive green. (basically zombie toned flesh.)

if it's possible to show a few ideas you come up with ahead of time to choose from? that would be cool, but if not i understand.

i am wanting to incorporate it into a mod i'm trying to help with, so you'd have to be ok with it being used for that.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got some initial pics for you to look at. Let me know what you like, don't like, want more or less of. Do you know what kind of lighting are you going to be using? These are maybe a bit too bright in the sunlight, but if they are going to be in the dark, I don't want to make them too subdued or they'll just look grey. Whoa. They really look bright in these shots. Didn't seem quite that -um- vibrant when I took these. I think I need to tone them down quite a bit.

Unless you actually want spinach colored rancors. :raise:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
RancorDrafts.jpg

first off, i want to say that i love what you did with these guys so far.

it's not what i had in my head, but i like this a lot already. : )

in the top left photo i can notice some hints of aqua marine or greyish white in the skin in spots.

that might be due to the lighting that you mentioned, i'm not sure, but i like it.

as for the environments they would be encountered in, i was planning on using them both inside and outside of a location.

also, i was curious if these will wind up replacing the original normal rancors in game, or if they will be available in game additionally.

if possible, i would hope to have them in addition to having rancors, but i would understand if that cannot be done.

as for the actual skin tone color of the creatures, i'm fine with what you have here as long as there are hints of the other colors in there somewhere.

but if you want to try out some other colors for the skin tone, i think they'd be interesting to see as well.

the eyes, which i didn't even think about at first, look fine as they are here.

i was curious if the brown spots in it's skin could be a tad bit more red, so that it looks a little more like irritated or infected flesh, or maybe even wounds.

Thanx for what you've done with this so far.

it looks excellent!

i look forward to seeing how you touch them up. : )

Got a couple more shots for you. There are two versions, although the differences are pretty subtle.

Version1: Yellower claws and teeth, more contrast in the highlights

Show spoiler
Ranco001.jpg

Version2: slightly less yellow teeth andclaws, less contrast, bloodier

Show spoiler
Rancor002.jpg

Let me know what you think. I can easily combine the different effects, if you like something different from each, such as adding yellow claws to number 2 or more gore to number one.

How tough do you want these guys? Moderately tougher than the regular ones, a whole lot tougher, or "cripes I just died again"? :burst1:

For some reason those remind me of the mutated rancor in Jedi Academy.

Very cool look.

Interesting. I've never played Jedi Academy. Guess I'll have to load it up and take a look. The only time I tried it, I got stuck and got so frustrated that I never played it again.

And thanks.:)

Let me know what you think. I can easily combine the different effects, if you like something different from each, such as adding yellow claws to number 2 or more gore to number one.

How tough do you want these guys? Moderately tougher than the regular ones, a whole lot tougher, or "cripes I just died again"? :burst1:

i like version 1, but with more gore if possible.

and definitely tougher than the regular ones. they'll need to put up more of a fight than a terentatek. so i'm guessing more around the area of "a whole lot tougher" but not quite the "i just died again". lol, you'll have to hack these guys up with your lightsaber a bit before they'll give up and die.

Thank you very much for helping with this.

i like version 1, but with more gore if possible.

and definitely tougher than the regular ones. they'll need to put up more of a fight than a terentatek. so i'm guessing more around the area of "a whole lot tougher" but not quite the "i just died again". lol, you'll have to hack these guys up with your lightsaber a bit before they'll give up and die.

Thank you very much for helping with this.

I can certainly add more gore. I started on the making them datougher part. I think I can make them additional creatures. I'm having some trouble with my script.:headbump

And your very welcome. I'm learning a lot doing this.:)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f1/Mutatedrancor.jpg

Thit is the mutated rancor Darth Payne was talking about

The racncors are pretty goods, it would be nice to see that on a big rancor!

Thanks for the link. :wavey: Now I have to go play in Taris sewers and get a shot of the big guy wearing the skin.:D

I managed to get the big guy spawned on the Endar Spire. I'm having trouble with other attempts in different places. Thought you might enjoy a screenshot:

Show spoiler
RancorOnBoard9.jpg

And his closeup:

Show spoiler
RancorOnBoard8.jpg

Isn't he cute? ;) Do you like the infected claws I gave him?

Update: I figured out a way to spawn one of these guys in Naga Sadow's Tomb, so hopefully now I can add them where ever they are wanted. The big ones are pretty tough; non-Jedi are dead meat.:smash:

Update No 2.: Is he gory enough? Yes or no on the icky wounds?

Show spoiler
GoryRancor.jpg

Those look brilliant! Have you set them up as separate creatures in appearance.2da yet?

Yep. I've tested the big one out. Still have to try out the little guys, but they should work as well. And thanks.

You know, the Spire one would in my opinion make a better Tarisian Rancor.

I only put him on the Endar Spire to test out my spawn script and to see if my addition to the appearance.2a was working - and I thought it would be funny to see one there. :D I'm pretty sure the Endar Spire is not one of their intended areas. I'm gonna try to spawn him next to the regular one in the Taris sewer; I really want to see them side by side.

Archived