Home

Head Modeling Problem

Dak Drexl

Well, I just modeled my first head, which I thought looked pretty good, but when I placed it in-game I got this:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
messeduphead.jpg

EDIT: This also happens after I tried the head in-game and I try to re-open it in gmax:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
messeduphead2.jpg

What causes this? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Follwing this tutorial, I used MDLOps before modeling the head to give it the ascii extension. Then, I modeled the head with that extension. After it was modeled I used tainas replacer.

EDIT: I have read everywhere that failing the sanity check doesn't make a difference, but mine is excessively long; it's probably over 500 lines, all saying vertices in <insert sub-part here> (ex: head_g) need to be welded. And ending in "weld check failed". Could this be a problem or does it always happen and not have any effect?

Edit: Sorry for this bump, but I'm fed up. Every time I model a head in either game this happens to me. Does *anyone* know what causes my problem? This can't be that uncommon. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: And now the little box around the head disappeared so I can't export it and try again. How can I get that back? I must be making this harder than it has to be.

Archived