Home

Reaping assets with Scumm Revisited

pixyfrog

Hi there,

I am new here, but I spent quite a few hours digging into the archive of this forum, and I would like to say that you look like an exquisite community :thmbup1:

Now, I am doing some research on GF, and I learned that the backgrounds of the game were pre-rendered 3D. I got hold of Scumm Revisited (which I learned about in the babbles this very fine society) and was amazed to see all these assets neatly lined up in a browser.

But beside sounds file, I could not make much sense of the rest. In particular I am not sure where are the backfrounds/backdrops of the game located.

If anyone here toyed with SCUMM Rvsd and located these assets, and how to rip/dump/extract/decompress them that would probably save me a lot of time.

Cheers

Hi,

The backgrounds for the game will have the ending .bm and in scummrev will have the icon of a little folder with a blue splatter on it. If you highlight one you should see the option nearby to "view image" or "view bm image" depending on which version of scummrev you are using.

As for extracting it I'm sure I've done it before in scummrev2 but I can't even view the images in that version anymore.

A workaround would be to view the image in scummrev hit printscreen on your keyboard and paste it into paint, and if you carefully crop it you should find it has the right dimensions.

Anyway give it a go in scummrev and see if it will work for you!

Quick Update: In scummrev3 (can find it on this page http://www.freewebs.com/lucasstyle/downloads.htm) once you view the image, in the image window you can go File -> Copy to clipboard and then just paste it neatly into paint.

Thanks so much! I was trying with Scummrev2 and was facing an error message while trying to view the .bm files. But thanks to your link I could download Scummrev3 and it works like a charm.

I got now access to all the backgrounds of the game... sweeeeet!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I've started using Scumm Revisited and it looks really cool.

My problem though is that I would like to extract the objects in the single rooms (for instance in the initial lookout room, the blazing fire or the lookout guy). I looked for these images all over the LEC files but I couldnt find them. Does anybody know if there's a way to do it?

Thanks

Archived