Home

Why is this happening to me!!!

harIII

I am the main designer behind the Shadows of the Empire project and recently I've been having some weird occurances, has anybody ever seen or heard of this. Oh and the reason I said I'm building Shadows of the Empire is that my module, movie, and especially override have new files and the dialog.tlk file has been edited.

I'm certain that my material is somehow causing the two problems I'm facing...

The first one is every time you enter a module, these are my custom ones for SOTE, you'll see a black flash that lasts for a second or two and it will cut off the music until you talk to somebody. I stopped it for maybe a day when I located the problem back to my baseitems.2da file, apparently there was an entry there it didn't like, go figure... :raise:

The second problem I just experienced this morning, if you start a new game you will warp to the my custom module of the Secret Telos Academy and not my custom module of the Harbinger Crew Quarters. All of the doors are also somehow missing and whenever I type in warp 001EBO (the first module of the game) I wind up somehow returning to the Secret Academy... :mad:

Has anyone every seen anything like this before and knows anyway to fix it? Also note that I'm sure somebody is going to say reinstall TSL which I normally would do but I can't because it's at my house and I'm at college. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Just letting everyone know that there is no explanation as to why this happens but to solve it is pretty easy. I just took out everything in the override and put things back that go together such as textures, then scripts, and so on. This time however I didn't find anything wrong, the first time there was an entry in the baseitems.2da file that the game didn't like. I started a new game and the problems didn't show up for some reason I still cannot explain.

I am the main designer behind the Shadows of the Empire project and recently I've been having some weird occurances, has anybody ever seen or heard of this. Oh and the reason I said I'm building Shadows of the Empire is that my module, movie, and especially override have new files and the dialog.tlk file has been edited.

I'm certain that my material is somehow causing the two problems I'm facing...

The first one is every time you enter a module, these are my custom ones for SOTE, you'll see a black flash that lasts for a second or two and it will cut off the music until you talk to somebody. I stopped it for maybe a day when I located the problem back to my baseitems.2da file, apparently there was an entry there it didn't like, go figure... :raise:

The second problem I just experienced this morning, if you start a new game you will warp to the my custom module of the Secret Telos Academy and not my custom module of the Harbinger Crew Quarters. All of the doors are also somehow missing and whenever I type in warp 001EBO (the first module of the game) I wind up somehow returning to the Secret Academy... :mad:

Has anyone every seen anything like this before and knows anyway to fix it? Also note that I'm sure somebody is going to say reinstall TSL which I normally would do but I can't because it's at my house and I'm at college. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Never heard or had the 1º problem, and what how baseitems.2da affect causing that black flash? no idea ...

about the 2º problem, I had few similar "issues" with my last Telos polar plateau sidequest mod, it was very annoyinng :mad: I managed to work it out looking very closely at the entry points of each module.ifo file of each (.mod) module. Nevertheless few people still have problems when loading a new modded module (in my mod) but for most it worked, like myself :) gladly ...

you don't have a low end PC for all those additional modules-stuff do you? you have win Vista? that's VERY glitchy with kotor/TSL you know ... :raise:

I know your pain,...had PC showing up invisible sometimes, but i figured out the issue.

Wish it was like in chess on a computer where you try to do a move with a bishop which is illegal for that piece to move there,..the computer says no don't do that...only if we had that with modding =)

Archived