Home

Why people who don’t like the PT don’t like the PT

Alexrd

Midi-Chlorians. Why? The force was some mystical, inexplicable thing until this came along.

No, it still is mystical. Midi-chlorians are not the Force and were never meant to be. Midi-chlorians do explain Luke's line in RotJ: "The Force is strong in my family. I have it, my father has it, and my sister has it too." Midi-chlorians explain why some being are more connected to the Force (and can therefore use it) than others.

Ad ridiculum. Nice.

But you wanted examples? Someone has already made a rebuttal about this. All the examples are there.

Sure this was almost a year ago now, but this thing is ridiculous. He completely misses the point of RLM, and spends the whole (terribly formatted) PDF whining about the review style, and rarely attempts to refute anything. I'd call him a sperglord if it didn't look like the definition was going to fall out of favor.

Sure this was almost a year ago now, but this thing is ridiculous. He completely misses the point of RLM, and spends the whole (terribly formatted) PDF whining about the review style, and rarely attempts to refute anything. I'd call him a sperglord if it didn't look like the definition was going to fall out of favor.

That can be applied to RLM's "review". He completely misses the point of the movie, and spends the whole time criticizing aspects of the movie that he chose to ignore. But I'm proably "missing the point" as so many people say. They use it as a basis for their critcism when it's conveninent, and when rebutted, they say that the point was to be only a joke...

No, it still is mystical. Midi-chlorians are not the Force and were never meant to be. Midi-chlorians do explain Luke's line in RotJ: "The Force is strong in my family. I have it, my father has it, and my sister has it too." Midi-chlorians explain why some being are more connected to the Force (and can therefore use it) than others.

Ah, now that you put it that way, acknowledged. It seems I did not fully understand what I was saying as I said it.

That can be applied to RLM's "review". He completely misses the point of the movie, and spends the whole time criticizing aspects of the movie that he chose to ignore. But I'm proably "missing the point" as so many people say. They use it as a basis for their critcism when it's conveninent, and when rebutted, they say that the point was to be only a joke...

No it can't. RLM is primarily based on judging the movies completely on their own merits. Emptying one's mind, pretending they know nothing about this franchise, objectively judging only what is on the screen. The "rebuttal" is a 108 page bitchfest, within which the author mostly complains about how RLM decided to present their opinions, including the length (Oh the irony). Even if this 108 pages of crap did make some interesting points the author still failed to be entertaining in the least, RLM has him beaten there too. Jorge's complete ineptitude as a filmmaker was just demonstrated yet again, after he decided to spend two years re-cutting a more competent director's work into a complete mess.

No it can't. RLM is primarily based on judging the movies completely on their own merits. Emptying one's mind, pretending they know nothing about this franchise, objectively judging only what is on the screen.

It can. "Objectively judging" can't be applied to RLM's "reviews", because it's something that's not there.

The "rebuttal" is a 108 page bitchfest, within which the author mostly complains about how RLM decided to present their opinions, including the length (Oh the irony). Even if this 108 pages of crap did make some interesting points the author still failed to be entertaining in the least, RLM has him beaten there too. Jorge's complete ineptitude as a filmmaker was just demonstrated yet again, after he decided to spend two years re-cutting a more competent director's work into a complete mess.

The rebuttal is not meant to be entertaining. Is meant to show the ridiculousness of those videos.

Archived