Home

Alan Wake

Astrotoy7

Some of you may have heard of this title years ago when it was being shown off on PC in a directX10 demo, courtesy of Remedy, makers of the Max Payne series.

Funnily enough, it has ended up being a console only(x360) release, with a PC release seeming extremely unlikely

I really liked reading in reviews that this game has taken a lot of inspiration from Twin Peaks and the writing of HP Lovecraft.

Any 360 owners had a chance to play it yet/or plan to do so?

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Been watching a couple of gameplay vids.. looks like a great one to play alone at 2am :) creepy ftw I like the narrated style - similar to Max Payne

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

mtfbwya

Pretty sweet game. Awaiting the DLC coming for it soon, so I've progressed to Assassin's Creed II in the meantime :D

Game Mechanics and combat are a bit different than anything I've played before so it was quite refreshing. Though, in it's more simplified terms you just "kill them twice" Once by using light sources (getting rid of their "shields") and then finish them off with a bullet (or 6) :lol:

Atmosphere is what really pushes the game, though I kinda have to wonder where they got the scary/survival part from (it's definitely no Dead Space). I'd have labeled it more "thriller". It's more tense than anything but it really works. Gets the heart pumping though, and the soundtrack along with ambiance (audio & visual) really compliment each other.

Game is divided up in to several book-like Chapters which works well since you're a writer.. hehehe. Freaky too since it's narrated by 'yourself'. One of the few games where the story is actually a "story" in all sense of the word and the chapters have literally 3+ minute intermissions between them while you listen to a song (potty break or refill the drinks). What is nice (or not so nice) is you start every chapter with the 'basics' so don't hoard anything. If you find it, USE IT. I personally like that style since I'm one of those "maybe I should hold on to it just-in-case" people. Then I wind up never using it :¬:

Probably one of the best parts of the game is you're truly an anti-hero. You don't have mountains of health. You're not 'Rambo' in any quantity. You basically talk well (BS), have a 'meh' attitude/etiquette, can't fight for crap BUT can run for your life like a pro :lol: Really portrays you as a rockstar author, but an average joe in anything else you do.

Play it in the dark.. and pick up EVERY single battery/flare you find in the game. Light is your friend. :xp:

awesome review chainz...I definitely have to do something about getting my hands on it.

I love atmospheric story driven games. I was really planning on getting a PS3, but may go for an xbox first instead. I'd definitely make use of its media center extender functionality. I'll just wait a little and see if MS will unveil an xbox slim at E3 ;) I would prefer a smaller form factor

mtfbwya

Archived