Home

Dragon Age on PC - Savegame Options?

Astrotoy7

I was hoping to get into some DAO again...but in a recent HDD uopgrade I wiped out my DAO install/saves :violin:

I'd like to jump back in after the fade, what is the best way to do this ? Can anyone donate a save file? Is there a hack to jump to later stages? I realise I won't have my original character, but I wasnt attached to her that much anyway :D

thanks in advance

edit: the most helpful respondents will receive a free life-like .jpg of Rania, one of the greatest belly dancers in the world ;)

Rana-turq-dressLG.jpg

mtfbwya

If you just want to avoid the Fade section but still do everything else, just start a new save and get the Skip the Fade mod. It's not really practical to try and use saves given that the order in which you do the army recruitment quests isn't linear, not to mention all the side-quests.

cheers Darth Parametric :) I wasnt very far in. The Grey Wardens had just been betrayed, and I was visiting the stupid tower where I got sucked into the fade.

mtfbwya

Skip the Fade?

The only problem with skipping the Fade is you also skip Fonts of Strength, Essence of Dexterity, Essence of Willpower, Essence of Magic, Essence of Cunning and Essence of Constitution, not to mention some very good experience. There are 21 fonts and essences that each permanently boost that attribute by one point. It is worth braving the Fade to me for these added attributes.

You get all the attribute points, codex entries and XP you normally would get, when you complete the Fade.[/Quote] Guess that does not matter as the mod gives you the points. Now cheaters really do win.:xp:

Here. its after the fade(all bonus points taken) and before going to the bossy creature. Lvl9 human male melee rogue+alistar+wynne+morrigan(in romance) +lelianna, sten, dog in camp. All quests taken and people, but wynne, talked. Tower being the first free of choice area i went in, nothing else is even visited. Not sure if it will work though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived