Home

Eragon vs. LOTR

Platypus Man

Which series do you believe to be greater?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which series do you believe to be greater?

:lol: You actually enjoyed that book Primesky?
Yeah, I did. It really fills out a lot of that world and its creation, the history of elves and men, and the source of evil. Being a big fan of LotR and The Hobbit, I enjoy getting more info about that universe.

Though, one could argue that the Two Towers is just as much a snoozer... I don't know how the movie made it interesting... magic of Hollywood I guess :giveup:
I guess by taking a battle that took about 50 pages out of 500 to tell and turned into 2 hours of film.

No, but seriously. The LOTR Poetry sections, strange nudity-hippie stuff Tom Bombadil and entire family line explanations when people meet can get tiresome yes.

"I am Aragorn son of..brother of...nephew of...twice removed...used to work at Wall-mart..."

Again, for me, I like those sections that are "off the beaten path" of the main story and fill in the other parts of the world. There are very few fictonal universes that are fleshed out on such a scale by a single (although not entirely true) creator.

No, but seriously. The LOTR Poetry sections, strange nudity-hippie stuff Tom Bombadil and entire family line explanations when people meet can get tiresome yes.

"I am Aragorn son of..brother of...nephew of...twice removed...used to work at Wall-mart..."

And overdescripted landscapes. I seriously don't need to know which side of the tree the slime grows in Lothlorien in this time of year - I actually enjoy imagining something. Sincerely, the books were quite boring.

Archived