Home

Remixing The Soundtrack

Take_One_LoD

Hi, Im new on these forums and this will be my first post. I first watched alongside my brother while he played Grim Fandango a while back when it first came out when I was in some grade in Elementary. Ive since gotten into making instrumentals and hope to do so as a profession if luck shines on me in the coming years. I remembered the awesome soundtrack that Grim Fandango had, so I recently decided to check it out and it really is a goldmine for sampling. I re aquainted myself by watching gameplay of the game, and it is still as powerful a game as it was then by reliving the game experience. I love the game and decided I would remix most of the songs on the soundtrack by sampling them and flipping them into beats. Ill periodically add more until I am content with the ones I have done. Ill start off with three Ive so far added to soundcloud.

Enlightened Florist:

Coaxing Meche:

Ninth Heaven:

If this generates enough positive buzz, Ill be willing to make these tracks available for download =]

Nice job:) I especially like Caxing Meche, nice pianobeat. Keep it up, it will be interesting to see(hear) what you can do with the rest of the tracks!

Appreciate you checking it out and thanks! If only you could hear how much fun Ive had with the more jazzy samples, but im thinking of saving best for last.

First of all, great idea and great effort you've already put into it!

I like Enlightened Florist the most. Coaxing Meche is pretty good as well. Ninth Heaven is strong too, though I personally would omit the pieces between 1:05 and 1:08 and between 2:15 and 2:18, imo it disturbs the flow.

All in all, very good job! Would really like to hear the rest.

First of all, great idea and great effort you've already put into it!

I like Enlightened Florist the most. Coaxing Meche is pretty good as well. Ninth Heaven is strong too, though I personally would omit the pieces between 1:05 and 1:08 and between 2:15 and 2:18, imo it disturbs the flow.

All in all, very good job! Would really like to hear the rest.

Thanks man. As far as those parts you described, I can see what you mean... I dont think its too bad, but i definitely hear what your getting at. Appreciate the advice on it too, ill try to make sure the other tracks are fullproof.

These are pretty cool, I've never really heard people making new songs out of old ones before like this (normally they just loop a sample in the background).

Thanks... and yeah I didnt want to half ass them, I figure anyone can loop a sample. If you all like them enough, I can make them available for download =]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a long-time lurker on these forums, and I just made an account to ask you to do just this. I really like your remixes =D

Hah thats really cool. Sorry its been a while since any updates, but i have now made all of the tracks I have done from Grim Fandango downloadable for your listening pleasure!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks Sallim and Saturday Sorgreeves! Im happy to have gotten such feedback. I actually just recieved a message from some dude who freestyled over Enlightened Florist. Im sure you can get a laugh or two from it. I enjoyed it hah.

JD Fresh - Enlightened Florist Freestyle

Archived