Home

Note: I decided to re-post this thread when I read a note from the forum administrator; which said that all recent posts and threads were lost in a database crash. If you already commented on the original version of this thread, then it might be best if you just tried to retype what you said before so we can pick up where we left off :rolleyes:

I'm gonna start by saying that I'm a total newbie to these forums. My friends and I recently found enough time to start playing XWA again, and now we're totally hooked on it! We've been playing XWA together on GameRanger for a little while now, and we wanna know if it's still possible to boost our pilot ratings. I've done as much research on this as I could. I read the readme file about the XWA scoring system, and I know that you need to shoot down human players in order to get past Top Ace 4th Order (which is where I'm stuck right now). So far, it seems like the my rating progress doesn't get any higher than 54%, regardless of how many human kills I get on GameRanger. I also tried to get on the Errant Venture server, but I downloaded it and it doesn't work when I try to start it. So basically, can someone tell me if you could only boost your rating on the original XWA multiplayer server, if Errant Venture is down for good, and if anyone's "To Next Rating" percentage has ever been glitched and permanently fixed at 54% or some other number?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :confused:

Thanks Wildstar. I did remember reading that killing higher-rated pilots makes ranking up go more quickly. But does that explain why my percentage did not move up at all from 54% after I killed one Marksmen 2nd Class, and three Certified pilots? I have a hard time believing that all of those kills didn't count for even one more percent.

Archived