Home

Pokemon Safari Zone

DrPhil2501

I may as well sike up you hardcore Pokemon fans out there for the upcoming Black and White series coming out soon. But thats beside the point: I am in need of some desperate help. I keep looking up online, and nothing seems to work for me: I am being provided with mixed responses and different opinions - all of which is driving me to the brinks of frustration.

Most of you are probably thinking: "why did you come here?". Two reasons; I need a solution to my problem, and secondly, I cannot be bothered signing up to another forum.

I own a copy of Pokemon Soul Silver. And like most people, I am having trouble trying to capture a Riolu from the Safari Zone. I have been given the blocks, and placed 10 Forest Objects and 14 Peak Objects within the Meadow. I tried changing the DS clock to add 70 days to the game time - which expectadly did not work. So then I had to actually wait 70 days, since December 1st last year. There is still no sight of Riolu. I even used repel, to ward off the weaker pokemon and increase my odds of finding a Riolu. After a few more digging, I began suspecting Riolu only arrives during the mornign, according to some unconfirmed sources, so I changed the DS clock to suitable time in the game. That too has not worked.

I dont understand what I am doing wrong. What I described above is exactly what I have done. I got the block informaiton for the Safari Zone from Serebii.net. If any of you has played this game and is an uber expert with the Safari Zone, can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong and guide me through the process step-by-step? Much will be appreciated.

((And no, dont even bother sharing your friend-code with me and offer a trade: even though my DS is connected to the internet, for some reason it is blocking me from playing online. Its impossible for me to resolve.))

Really no point wasting time with overcomplicated ways of getting certain Pokemon like Riolu in HG/SS. I just got mine from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum... but if you really want an easy way to get Riolu, find someone you can trade with online.

I know you're having problems with getting online, but if you have a DSi, then it's able to connect to the net through WPA, however DS games only use WEP security. To solve this problem, best thing to do is to turn off the security settings for that period of time so you don't have to deal with WPA or WEP or whatever.

Honestly, I've never messed with the Safari Zone, go to McDonald's and use the free Wi-Fi and check the GTS for Riolu (assuming you've at least seen one and it's in your Pokédex). Or you can wait until Black and White come out because I will most likely start playing again and I pretty much completed Lynk's Pokédex for him...

Oh and if you're going for a Riolu it is probably unlikely, but if you have a Lucario just make it **** a Ditto and you're good to go.

I know you're having problems with getting online, but if you have a DSi, then it's able to connect to the net through WPA, however DS games only use WEP security. To solve this problem, best thing to do is to turn off the security settings for that period of time so you don't have to deal with WPA or WEP or whatever.

That kind of seems like a waste though: turning off my internet security for the sake of ONE pokemon. Thats why I wanted to do it the old fashioned way and having to wait. 70 days has gone by, and so far no Riolu. I've obviously done something wrong :( too think all that effort of patience has been for nothing...

Honestly, I've never messed with the Safari Zone, go to McDonald's and use the free Wi-Fi and check the GTS for Riolu (assuming you've at least seen one and it's in your Pokédex). Or you can wait until Black and White come out because I will most likely start playing again and I pretty much completed Lynk's Pokédex for him...

Oh and if you're going for a Riolu it is probably unlikely, but if you have a Lucario just make it **** a Ditto and you're good to go.

Thats kind of the whole point with me finding Riolu in the first place: he is not in my Pokedex. I'll do as you suggested and see if my local McDonalds would allow me to connect my DSi to WiFi.

Other than that, I dont know anyone else who legitally owns Diamond/Pearl or a Riolu for that matter. I say "legitally" because I got conned by my a$$hole of a friend to eat the last slice of pizza one night, in exchange for trading me a Riolu. I did so grudgingly with a full stomach... only to conclude with him saying that he doesnt own one, or Diamond and Pearl.

You can turn off your wireless security for a few minutes and then back on... I've done it before when I had my old router... takes only a few seconds to switch unless you're really THAT lazy XD

Also, for the record, Mav gave me Pokemon from versions I didn't have and the ones that are impossible for people to get on their own without the assistance of another person or from Nintendo events. Most of the Pokemon I transferred over from Diamond, Emerald and FireRed to SoulSilver.

Also, for the record, Mav gave me Pokemon from versions I didn't have and the ones that are impossible for people to get on their own without the assistance of another person or from Nintendo events. Most of the Pokemon I transferred over from Diamond, Emerald and FireRed to SoulSilver.
Semantics. :p

Archived